• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packing.org SUCKS

vermonter

imported post

Packing.org website is down more than it is up. They can't even keep up with current events (like the pre-emption in Ohio) when it is up and running. I think whoever was administering to it left and some idiot took over. Perhaps the powers that be on here can take over where P.org left off and have a CCW tool

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I became frustrated with them a while back. I still catch some of the forums when the site is up. For a ccw tool, check out handgunlaw.us they have a license tool that will build a carry map based on the permits you hold. They seem to be trying to stay current with their information as well.

PaulG

imported post

What happened is that Mark (the site owner) lost interest in the running of the forum. He has now entered law school and says he doesn't have time to fool with it.

There were many arguments about the heavy handed actions of some moderators, so he revised the site and made it "unmoderated".

The REAL problem is that without a moderator, some of the discussions turn very nasty.

That's what lead me to find Combatcarry.com

Now the only forums I visit are Opencarry.org, Combatcarry.com and Warriortalk.com

Too bad. Packing.org used to be such an exceptional site.

unrequited

imported post

PaulG wrote:
That's what lead me to find Combatcarry.com

Now the only forums I visit are Opencarry.org, Combatcarry.com and Warriortalk.com
Ditto plus my xdtalk forum since I have an XD .45 acp. Great non-xd talk too if you want to try out another.