• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in bars

Whistlingdeuce

imported post

I know that carrying in bars is 100% legal in PA. My question is if you are goin to a bar that "wands" you and find your gun can they refuse entry? Or do they have no legal standing as long as you have the proper permits. Thanks for any and all info.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

If the bar is owned by a local government entity, you could assert preemption over any gun carry rule at all. But private owners are generally free to enforce rules of conduct, unless you can prevail on a novel theory, like maybe the common Law of Innkeepers provides you the right to remain armed.

But I'm not sure I would ever go intobar requiring wanding & searches for 2 reasons. 1. I would not put up with the invasion of privacy. 2. If the place is so unsafe as to need that level of security, why would I want to go there voluntarily, carrying a gun or not?

ne1

imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
They can refuse to allow you in no matter what permit you have.
... and you can refuse to spend any American dollars there.

ne1

imported post

The point is our rights have been around longer than such establishments, and such establishments will only be around as long as they are patronized. I'd wager people refusing to spend money at such places will change things quicker than lobbying Congress.

ne1

imported post

I define "sheeple" as those who do not agree with me. If you continue to patronize such establishments, because it is convenient rather than because you think it is the right thing to do, then you are a sheeple.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

ne1 wrote:
I define "sheeple" as those who do not agree with me. If you continue to patronize such establishments, because it is convenient rather than because you think it is the right thing to do, then you are a sheeple.

I think a lot of these places just have cachet,good sound/video systems, good ambience, goodbooze and good looking women.

That's whymost of the clientele go.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

ne1 wrote:
I call them ***holes.