• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pa/Va Reciprocity

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Great news. I just wish this had happened last year at this time. I took a trip to Philly last Feb., and felt damn near naked walking down the city streets without my constant companion. You don't realize how much you'll miss it until you have to leave it home. It felt akin to going somewhere where the law forbids seat belt use, and you have to drive without them or risk arrest.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Being that a PA non resident permit is real easy to get there was no reason to go unarmed. But reciprocity is better.

Tomahawk

imported post

Finally! Now I can visit my family in a more comfortable configuration.

Now if only MD would give us recip (shhhh.....hear that? It's hell freezing over...)

unrequited

imported post

That's AWESOME. Now I can put off my NH license (even though it's only $20 and cincho to get...) for a couple more weeks. If I want the most for my buck I may just skip NH altogether and just pony up for the UT one.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Big news - PA has about a half million permit holders who never had to be fingerprinted to get their permits and can carry in Newport News, VA now - too bad residents of Newport News have to beg and plead (b/c the police make you ask for an appointment to get the fingerprints and you have to come when they tell you) to get fingerprinted to get their permits!

bayboy42

imported post

And I was one of those Newport News residents. I was actually cleaning out some paperwork today and found the letter where the Newport News Police invited me to go ahead and come on down and get fingerprinted :banghead: