• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA and PA now have reciprocity for CC!

zoom6zoom

imported post

Just announced via VCDL's va-alert:

Pennsylvania and Virginia have now signed a reciprocity agreement!

Effective immediately any person with a valid Virginia concealed carry permit can carry concealed in Pennsylvania.

Here is a link to Pennsylvania's reciprocity web page:

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Their reciprocity map hasn't been updated yet, but scroll down and you will see that Virginia has been added to the reciprocal list.

Here is a link to the actual agreement:

http://tinyurl.com/y27lun

NOTE: Virginia has NOT YET posted the equivalent document on the Virginia State Police web site. For anyone who has a Pennsylvania CHP and wishes to carry using that permit in Virginia, I strongly suggest that you print out a copy of the signed reciprocity agreement and carry it with you until the VA State Police update their web site.

The agreement has been a long time coming and this is a very important agreement for both states. Pennsylvania has over 575,000 permit holders and Virginia has almost 140,000.

shiona

imported post

Thanks for the welcome!

I am the sole breastfeeder of the family. (Sorry I couldn't resist.) I hail from "but it's a dry heat" Bakersfield California located in Kern County.

Found at the southern end of California's great Central Valley, Kern County is the gateway to Southern California, the San Joaquin Valley, the Sierra Nevada and the Mojave Desert. Perfectly located, Kern is within easy reach of Los Angeles or San Francisco, the Pacific Coast or Las Vegas, Yosemite or Death Valley.:)

Thank you also for the OC with family info. I just think it is outrageous to imagine someone being offended by OC around children. Readers Digest just had an article abouta woman being murdered at a child care facility (preschool?). The children were huddling in the bathrooms with their teachers. Maybe the patron in the article would have felt differentlyunder this circumstance.

"reality is usually scoffed at and illusion is usually king" -Dr. Stanley Monteith

Neplusultra

imported post

ed wrote:
Wow.. I thouight I just went thru a time warp!
HA!, or some sort of cosmic pair-o-dime shift :^). I just assumed she accidently replied to the wrong post, somehow. Did you notice she's from CA :)? Now ma'am, please if you read this don't take me wrong. Just funnin' ya.

Glock27Bill

imported post

So if I can breastfeed in California I can CC in Virginia and Pennsylvania???

I'm all for reciprocity, but I'm having a hard time following this one.

Isn't breastfeeding, by definition, Open Carry?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
Isn't breastfeeding, by definition, Open Carry?
That is so wrong but so funny ... :lol:

Shiona, welcome to the forum! There are several other OC ladies here and we are happy to see one more!

Sheriff

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Just announced via VCDL's va-alert:

Pennsylvania and Virginia have now signed a reciprocity agreement!
Excellent! I have to travel to Pennsylvania soon to domesticate and

file a judgement I received in a Virginia court recently. :celebrate