• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Living Space

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

I have been looking for a palce to move to before I graduate since I jsut got a job. Does anyone have any suggestions of places where I might obtain someplace to fire a damn gun? Is it illegal to fire arms in towns? Surely some of you fire on you place of residence...

I suppose I am boned unless I have the money to buy a home? :-/

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Best bet, find a place near one of the ranges in NOVA and get an annual membership. Or look for property out in the country and enjoy an hour commute each day.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Best bet, find a place near one of the ranges in NOVA and get an annual membership. Or look for property out in the country and enjoy an hour commute each day.
Where can I find a list of ranges in the area?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Packing.org has a list of ranges. I think there are about 4 indoor ranges that would be suitable for afterwork plinking IMHO. The NRA Range in Fairfax, Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge, and Gilberts Small Arms Range in Springfield.

rabbit994

imported post

I believe both Manassas City and Prince William have regulations preventing discharge. I'm having issues finding the proper code but unless your willing to put up with a hellish communte, your going to have to join a range.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Where are you going to be working? Might be able to help with some recommendations.