Thread: Intro

Post imported post

Afternoon all, mack here.....

Life long resident of Illinois, grew up in chicago, became a suburbanite when I was 14 after my daddy got tired of all the crime in the city. Unfortunately I am still here and in cook county no less. I am 51, married 4 kids- 3 boys ages 20, 17, 4 and a girl age 6). Have owned and handled firearms since I was a teen ager.

I am very distressed by the fact that Illinois acts as if they are acity of chicago rather than chicago being a city in Illinois. Distressed even more so by the fact that this state see's us law abiding gun owners as nothing but a buch of felons living on the fringe of civilized citizens.

We need to be free to own and carry (whether open or concealed) in Illinois. Our state will be safer, our cities and towns will be safer and our families will be safer. I take the safety of me and mine as my personal responsibility. I realized many years ago that there was no way possible for our law enforcement community to protect all of us every minute of every day. Anyone who does not understand that fact is severly misguided to say the least.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the OC online community, Mack. We share your frustration with your state, and hopefully things will turn around in the future and Illinios will be more tolerant of the rights of its citizens. It takes people with attitudes such as yours along with a commitment to effect change to get things done though, and there's not that many people stepping up to the plate.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome to the OC online community, Mack. We share your frustration with your state, and hopefully things will turn around in the future and Illinios will be more tolerant of the rights of its citizens. It takes people with attitudes such as yours along with a commitment to effect change to get things done though, and there's not that many people stepping up to the plate.

Post imported post

Hey Mack! Yes, you have my sympathies too! I'm in Wisconsin and I feel that as bad as we have it here with no concealed carry, it always sounds worse in Illinois. When CC passes eventually in WI I'm afraid you'll be all alone as the only state without concealed carry. But with patience and hard work even the obstacles we face in our respective states can and will be overcome.

Welcome to OCDO! Hope to hear from you often!

Go Bears! (Heck, season's over for the Packers, I'll back the Bears in the playoffs!)
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

mack wrote:
    Afternoon all, mack here.....

Life long resident of Illinois, grew up in chicago, became a suburbanite when I was 14 after my daddy got tired of all the crime in the city. Unfortunately I am still here and in cook county no less. I am 51, married 4 kids- 3 boys ages 20, 17, 4 and a girl age 6). Have owned and handled firearms since I was a teen ager.

I am very distressed by the fact that Illinois acts as if they are acity of chicago rather than chicago being a city in Illinois. Distressed even more so by the fact that this state see's us law abiding gun owners as nothing but a buch of felons living on the fringe of civilized citizens.

We need to be free to own and carry (whether open or concealed) in Illinois. Our state will be safer, our cities and towns will be safer and our families will be safer. I take the safety of me and mine as my personal responsibility. I realized many years ago that there was no way possible for our law enforcement community to protect all of us every minute of every day. Anyone who does not understand that fact is severly misguided to say the least.
    Welcome to OCDO, mack!! I grew up in the "Chi" myself (left in 1990). Like I mentioned before, I got robbed at gunpoint and I am looking forward tothe day that Illinois (specifically Chicago) has a CC law in place.

2nd Amendment..........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Hi mack! Welcome to OCDO.

-Klemmt-

"Hold your head high and proud.... I need time to aim." -me

Post imported post

Hi Mack welcome aboard, this is a good group pull up a seat and join in.Lots of good stuff ere. Mtn Jack