• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The 2007 General Assembly Season....

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Already has a lot of nasty anti changes they are trying to push. There was even one that seems to want to roll back preemption. I just did a bill search of the word firearms. I could swear that last year there were a whole lot more pro bills that this year so far.
I sure do hope that the bad ones get trashed early on.

mitchd

imported post

Toad wrote:
Already has a lot of nasty anti changes they are trying to push. There was even one that seems to want to roll back preemption. I just did a bill search of the word firearms. I could swear that last year there were a whole lot more pro bills that this year so far.
I sure do hope that the bad ones get trashed early on.

Got any links or bill #'s to reference? I'm active duty AF stationed elsewhere, and finally have time to write some letters :)

TEX1N

imported post

mitchd wrote:
Got any links or bill #'s to reference? I'm active duty AF stationed elsewhere, and finally have time to write some letters :)
Here is the VCDL 2007 Legislation Tracking Tool, it has a ton of good info on VA gun bills. Another excellent source of information is the VCDL's VA-Alert e-mail list. Philip Van Cleave (the VCDL President) will be sending out e-mail alerts throughout the legislative session with important updates on the progress of the gun bills.