• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

moving to ga

sixshot

imported post

iam moving t o ga from fl

but i have my CCP in fl and i called columbia co ga
pro bate court and she told me i have to wait 6 months then i can get my lic in ga
i called tallahasse and they said .. i can live out of state and be a non resident

and still keep my lic

so can i still carry in ga while i wait the 6 months till i get my ccp?

tattedupboy

imported post

I see that this is your first post on this website, so let me be the first to welcome you to OCDO. That being said, you really need to work on your spelling and capitalization, because in this post, both are horrendous and make the post difficult to read.

Anyway, what I would do if I were you is to apply for your Georgia identification (driver's license, state ID, etc) right now, but keep your Florida ID and permit so that you can claim nonresident status while you're waiting for the six months to pass by. After the six months are up, apply for the Georgia permit, and keep carrying on your Florida permit (keeping your Florida permit at the ready, of course) until the Georgia permit arrives.

molonlabetn

imported post

Take a look at this: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum7/1166.html

It's the same guy.

This idiot pops up everywhere, he trolls packing.org under at least a half-dozen different screen-names, including 'packindaheat' and 'hotrounds'.

Admins/Mods, please keep an eye on the OP, and the OP of the thread which I linked (who are one-and-the-same). He is a trouble-maker.

molonlabetn

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

You can carry in Georgia until you establish residency, at which point your Florida license, while still valid elsewhere, is no longer any good for Georgia. I do not know where the 6 month figure comes from. For driver's licenses, you must obtain one by the time you have been in Georgia for 30 days. That is the law. I would apply for the Georgia firearms license as soon as I had a Georgia address. Until it is issued, you may carry in the golvebox or center console of your car.

Please proofread. It shows you care about the others viewing your post. ;)