• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun-friendly theaters

danbus

imported post

I frequent the movies quite often and since OCing, have only gone to one theater which doesn't have any signs posted. That theater is Cinema Cafe in Hampton. Seeing that they serve alcohol for on premises consumption, we law abiding citizens must OC. While OCing there, people hardly notice. If they do, they haven't said anything to me nor has a manager said anything.

Anyone else know of any gun friendly locations?

mercutio545

imported post

I have yet to see one. You can still carry in one even though the sign is posted (signs hold no weight, someone has to verbally ask you to leave), but prepare to get kicked out and not have your ticket refunded.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Kingstowne 16 in Fairfax County is not posted.

Only very recently did the AMC cinemas in Alexandria and Fairfax County start posting - I spoke to management - they just shrugged their shoulders and said they were told to post the signs.

The manager at Hoffman AMC said he would hold my gun in his safe while I attended movies.

The manager at Springfield Mall said he did not mind permit holders carrying concealed, but did not know that no permit is required to open carry.

:banghead:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've carried both open and concealed at the Mt. Vernon Multiplex on US1 in Alexandria. It isn't posted - or wasn't last time I went <grin> - and nothing has ever been said.

jimwyant

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
I have yet to see one. You can still carry in one even though the sign is posted (signs hold no weight, someone has to verbally ask you to leave), but prepare to get kicked out and not have your ticket refunded.
Don't they have to refund your money if they kick you out? You paid for a product, and if you are asked to leave before receiving the product for which you have paid (in this case, the complete viewing of the film), aren't they stealing from you?

Tomahawk

imported post

Tess wrote:
I've carried both open and concealed at the Mt. Vernon Multiplex on US1 in Alexandria. It isn't posted - or wasn't last time I went <grin> - and nothing has ever been said.

I go there, too. I imagine they are so happy to see a real live customer they don't dare kick you out, that place is often dead even on Friday nights. Which is fine by me, nothing like having the whole theatre to yourself...but they need to fix their lousy sound system.

That theatre, BTW, is not in the best of neighborhoods, and the security guards there (there's always at least one), often OC as well.

I usually CC at the movies, at least until I get to my seat and take off my coat. That includes Hoffman and all the other antis. Hoffman usually has Alexandria cops hanging out in the lobby.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
That theatre, BTW, is not in the best of neighborhoods, and the security guards there (there's always at least one), often OC as well.
Yeah, I know, but it's only a mile from my house - and I never have to worry about not getting a seat <grin>.

backdraft1009

imported post

whats the deal with ocing at harbor view in suffolk, has anyone had any experiences at that establishment, ive never noticed signs and its the only place i ussually go, never oc'd there so i figured id check to see what yall know about it.
Adams

nolz

I frequent the movies quite often and since OCing, have only gone to one theater which doesn't have any signs posted. That theater is Cinema Cafe in Hampton. Seeing that they serve alcohol for on premises consumption, we law abiding citizens must OC. While OCing there, people hardly notice. If they do, they haven't said anything to me nor has a manager said anything.

Anyone else know of any gun friendly locations?

I went to Cinema Cafe last night, there are now fairly large signs on all entrances, no firearms, or other weapons permitted. Sigh. No more movies for me.

Last edited:

SuperDad

Charlottesville / Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
whats the deal with ocing at harbor view in suffolk, has anyone had any experiences at that establishment, ive never noticed signs and its the only place i ussually go, never oc'd there so i figured id check to see what yall know about it.
Adams

I've OC'd at Harbor View theatre about a 1/2 dozen times and have had no issues at all. I know for a fact it was seen by the ticket taker but nothing was said.

MSC 45ACP

Where is he?

Has anyone heard from him? Perhaps he could surface sometime to say "hello" at a dinner or other outing? I'd be willing to give him a ride to Surry on 21 JUN if he was interested in going. I'll even throw in lunch!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Since this thread has been revived and its a topic of interest to me, and an evolving one, I'm going to share my updates.

Cinema Arts in Fairfax, Virginia has never complained about Open Carry, nor are they posted.

Rave Cinema at Fairfax Corner 14 has not been posted since the switch to the new brand (new management too?).

They employ armed security as well.

I've yet to get around to OCing there, but I posted a thread about it:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...uys-think-about-Rave-Motion-Pictures-(cinemas)