• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

gun-friendly theaters

45acpForMe

Necroposting....

old thread is old. :lol:

I thought the same thing but have been guilty of necroposting in the past. After all if you ask the same question in a new thread everyone b1tches about use the search feature!!!

BTW the search feature sucks in the new forum. (Just my opinion)

ETA: The last I saw Danbus (don't know him, just met) he showed up at a OC dinner at the Golden Coral in Chesapeake. Maybe if we schedule another one he will come? Field of dreams like?

Last edited:

nolz

Agreed...

The search feature does suck, you should be able to return POSTS, not just threads. Searching for something and then having to manually read 128 pages to find one reference is hardly efficient.

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but it irks my nerves that you can't watch a movie and protect yourself in Hampton Roads.

And, I'm not buying that signs carry no weight thing, I feel like that is ASKING for trouble, as a gun owner/carrier, I feel like pushing the limits isn't intelligent.

Likewise, it's illegal to consume alcohol while carrying, so I won't even do a wine tasting at the grocery store, are the three thimbles of wine going to impair me, absolutely not? Am I following the law to the letter, absolutely. No difference in my mind. That sign to me says "You are not welcome here" so why push it?

Just because the law says you can't drink and carry a weapon doesn't mean you physically can't, but that isn't the point.

If you see a sign that says "BEWARE OF DOG" do you assume there is no dog to beware?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The search feature does suck, you should be able to return POSTS, not just threads. Searching for something and then having to manually read 128 pages to find one reference is hardly efficient.

+2000...Oh John!

nova

I thought the same thing but have been guilty of necroposting in the past. After all if you ask the same question in a new thread everyone b1tches about use the search feature!!!

I don't really care if someone revives an old thread to add something to it, but rather was just reminding everyone of the thread's age so they wouldn't expect any replies back from earlier posters. :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Likewise, it's illegal to consume alcohol while carrying, so I won't even do a wine tasting at the grocery store, are the three thimbles of wine going to impair me, absolutely not? Am I following the law to the letter, absolutely. No difference in my mind. That sign to me says "You are not welcome here" so why push it?

Just because the law says you can't drink and carry a weapon doesn't mean you physically can't, but that isn't the point.

Actually, it is against the law to CC and drink in a restaurant or club, but there is no violation if you are OCing. It is considered by many here to be bad form however.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

"A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."

Though the cite alludes me right now, I do not believe that grocery store wine tasting ABC license qualifies as a "restaurant or club" so even CC should be good in that circumstance.

nolz

Actually, it is against the law to CC and drink in a restaurant or club, but there is no violation if you are OCing. It is considered by many here to be bad form however.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308

"A person who carries a concealed handgun onto the premises of such a restaurant or club and consumes alcoholic beverages is guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor."

Though the cite alludes me right now, I do not believe that grocery store wine tasting ABC license qualifies as a "restaurant or club" so even CC should be good in that circumstance.

I suppose that the wording would protect this scenario, but I still think it's bad form. Of course, I also think its bad form to drink and drive at all, regardless of the amount. I personally feel that if I were to have even one drink and get in to a car accident and kill someone, I would always wonder if the circumstances would have changed if I hadn't had that one drink, even though one drink has virtually no effect on me, my conscience has a major impact.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Grapeshot
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+18.2-308

I suppose that the wording would protect this scenario, but I still think it's bad form.

+1

We are saying the same thing now then. :D