• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iam moving to evans ga

sixshot

imported post

iam moving to evans ga
so i called the local good ole boy cops and asked them can i still carry with a fl lic
well they say i would have to call tallahasee so i did they said i can carry but i would
need to get a ga permit
i hear in columiba co ga you have to wait 6 months then you can apply
so what should i do ?..... next thing i asked them i can open carry right they said i wouldnt do it i said why?... its only for cops?

mzmtg

imported post

1. A license is required to carry openly or concealed in Georgia.

2. A Georgia resident must have a Georgia Firearms License (GFL) to carry in Georgia. GA residents cannot use other states' non-resident licenses to carry in Georgia.

3. You can apply for your GFL as soon as you have something indicating that you live in the county where you intend to apply. (Driver's License, power bill, lease agreement, etc...)

4. While state law dictates that licenses must be issued within 60 days of application, most counties ignore that law and usually take up to 6 months.

For reliable information regarding GFLs, do not call your local law enforcement. Check out these online resources instead: http://www.georgiapacking.org http://www.georgiacarry.org

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

sixhost, mzmtg has answered all of your questions. I suggest you do visit the link he provided. In addition, this web site also states that a license is required for open carry (which is why Georgia is orange on the map).

One suggestion - don't ask the police for advice on carry. You are more likely to get false information than not.

The laws are available here and over at Georgiapacking.org.