• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Full pre-emption bill introduced in Nevada

44Brent

imported post

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1767357/posts

[size=+1]An end to gun registration in Clark County?[/size]
NRA | 1/10/07 | NRA

Posted on 01/14/2007 1:14:11 AM PST by Richard-SIA

From my latest NRA e-mail!
NEVADA
Currently, it's illegal to own or possess a handgun in Clark County, Nevada, unless it's registered with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department.
This means that if you have a Nevada Right-to-Carry permit from any other county outside of Clark County, your pistol must be registered in Clark County if you are there more than one day.
Even if you come to Clark County to participate in a pistol-shooting event or gun show that lasts more than one day, your pistol must be registered with the sheriff of Clark County.
The Nevada Revised Statutes (244.364) establishes a uniform state law for all firearms in the state of Nevada.
However, when the law was passed in 1989, Clark County was "grandfathered," which means that any and all local ordinances governing firearms before the law went into effect were allowed to stand.
State Senator John Lee (D-Clark County), is introducing legislation in the 2007 Session (BDR S-45) that will eliminate this "grandfather clause" from the State Firearms Preemption Law.
This will remove the patchwork of local gun laws and protect law-abiding Nevada gun owners from inadvertently becoming criminals.
It is vital that NRA members communicate with their legislators prior to the session start date of February 5, while they are still in the districts, and ask them to join Senator Lee and co-author this very important piece of legislation.
BDR S-45 has yet to be assigned a bill number, but when it does go to print, it would send a strong message of support to Senator Lee if it had your legislator's name attached as a co-author.
Thank you for your support!
Please keep checking your e-mail and www.NRAILA.org for future updates on this threat to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms in the State of Nevada.

Erus

imported post

OK lets all please keep the fingers crossed and let your politicians know you SUPPORT this bill. Not certain, but if I read it right, this would also remove the North Las Vegas and Boulder city bans on OC and vehicle possession, giving NV gold star status, finally.

Erus