• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GA Meetup

ProguninTN

imported post

Hello Georgians. I have a proposition for you. Some of you may know that the VA members have often held get-togethers. I am curious as to if anybody in GA would be interested in a meeting for shooting/eating ? (I did get a new gun recently.) While I am not a Georgian, I live and attend college nearby. Therefore I am sometimes in GA, (usually Atlanta or Columbus) and take interest in GA affairs. Anybody interested ? (Fridays or Weekends would be preferable for me.)

ProguninTN

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

I would.

You would certainly be welcome the next time the folks over at georgiapacking.org gather to shoot!

Tolderian

imported post

Somebody made a post like this in another thread recently.

I say we get some Mexican food at the El Carrizo on Macon Rd. sometime here in Columbus, GA.

They're awfully nice people and don't give me crap when I Open Carry. Sometimes a lot of Cops and Sheriffs like to eat there, many of which I'm sure aren't terribly competent with Open Carry laws... but I spot 'em a meal every now and again for their service.

Columbus is chock FULL of pansies though. I mean, nothing short of crapping their pants when they see it. But you know what? We would be pretty spineless to let that get in our way.

Every time I Open Carry... I know I'll eventually be arrested. But it's a small price to pay for freedom. But I'd sooner die than give into the whims of the cowards.

On a side note... I work at a University so... if I'm joining y'all on a lunch break, I won't be carrying because I'd be in violation of the 1,000 foot Magical Shield Barrier that keeps evil criminals at bay... somehow. They really should build a moat, ya know? With like... a drawbridge. That'll keep those outlaws back *laughs to self*.