• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona: 'Patrolling to detect alleged illegal activity' while carrying any weapon would be felony

mzbk2l

imported post

Folks, look at the date this thread was started. January 20th. That was a bill from the last session, and it went nowhere.

Sinema is a very liberal legislator. She's also young and seems quite intelligent (she's a lawyer and a legislator, and she's either still in her 20's or early 30's, I think).

Unfortunately, she uses her powers for the dark side. Most of her bills support gun control, illegal aliens, and other liberal pet projects.

Luckily, most of them are shot down by other Arizona legislators with more sense, or by the voters.

I wouldn't worry too much about that one - it didn't get anywhere.

Thundar

imported post

So.... if my brother and I go out "on patrol" to try and ensure the security of ourranch against illegal aliensand we are armed, we would be domestic terrorists???

imperialism2024

imported post

Eh... if they're just associating and carrying weapons, I won't support making a law against it. As much as I feel that what they're doing is a bad idea, it's within their rights to do it, and hell, it's not even costing much taxpayer money. Now, if they start engaging in acts of unprovoked violence, by all means charge them with the respective crime.

mazellan819

imported post

This seems to also make it illegal to do a neighborhood watch rounds armed. Makes as much sense to me as giving crack to a crack addict for therapy reasons.:banghead:

imperialism2024

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Yoo-Hoo.... Anybody paying attention?

This is an outdated thread about a bill that never went ANYWHERE in the legislature. It is not a law (at least in Arizona).
True... but defeated bills have a horrible habit of being resurrected. Still useful for discussion, methinks.