• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona: 'Patrolling to detect alleged illegal activity' while carrying any weapon would be felony

badmonkey

imported post

So the definition of terrorism has changed I guess. Now it's the people trying to stop illegal activity who are terrorists rather than the ones doing the illegal activity.:uhoh:

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Its one thing when legislators and law enforcement look the other way, but when legislators like Kyrsten Sinema attempt to enact laws preventing people from protecting their own; then you have government sanctioned oppression! This can only foster rebellion and vigilantism.

If citizens can only be defenseless eyes and ears for the government, then what good are those eyes and ears when the information is related to the deaf and blind?

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Being a legislator who sits idly by while we're being invaded should be a felony. The penalty should be deportation to Mexico.

ProguninTN

imported post

Anybody else not surprised by the mention thatthe sponsor is in cahoots with the ACLU ? :cuss: I guess she wants it to be unlawful to assist the Border Patrol in stopping the invasion and upholding American sovereignty.

ProguninTN

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It is sad. The Poll seems to be in the citizen's favor, though. Here's a few results:

They're American citizens – they don't give up their right to bear arms or protect themselves just because they're looking for illegal activity - 54.36%

Armed or unarmed, American citizens volunteering to protect our borders are our best hope for freedom - 37.26%

I'm fine with civilians doing eyes-and-ears patrols to assist the Border Patrol, but they shouldn't be armed - 0.57%

I can't believe that Arizona Citizens would stand for this legislation. Maybe spending alittle timewith MS-13 would enlighten the good representative.

DeadCenter

imported post

What the H#$l :cuss:is wrong with this women. I am beside myself right now.

What is going on in this country. Man I am getting seriously concerned. We are in for a world of hurt if these lawmakers keep running away with the ball.

I just don't get the thinking. Are we not suppose to protect our country? Is it OUR country?

DC

44Brent

imported post

Here's another bill by Sinema.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/48leg/1r/bills/hcr2011p.htm

[align=center]A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION[/align]
supporting comprehensive immigration reform that promotes the humanitarian treatment of all persons in arizona, encourages strong economic growth through rational immigration policies and allows for effective enforcement.

Whereas, the citizens of Arizona have consistently promoted tolerance and respect for the rights, free speech and lives of all of its residents, including immigrants and their families, and have consistently opposed unofficial militias and vigilantism that can lead to confrontation and violence, as evidenced by Cochise County Resolution 02-102; and

Whereas, civilian patrol initiatives are contrary to all that the United States and Arizona stand for, including the presumption that everyone within our country and our state is here lawfully; and

Whereas, private individuals associating together to come to our state to assist, in some manner, the federal authorities in the enforcement of the immigration laws could only be conducive to antisocial conduct, to unnecessary intrusion on human relationships, to deleterious misunderstandings and to aggressive behavior, especially given the documented infiltration of these groups by white supremacists; and

Whereas, immigrants have contributed significantly to the strength and economic prosperity of the United States and of Arizona, and action must be taken to ensure their fair treatment by employers and protection against fraud and abuse; and

Whereas, fixing the broken immigration system requires a comprehensive approach that provides for adequate legal channels for immigration and enforcement of immigration laws that will serve the economic, social and security interests of the United States; and

Whereas, federal immigration policy should foster economic growth by allowing willing workers to be matched with willing employers when no United States worker is available to take a job.

Therefore

Be it resolved by the House of Representatives of the State of Arizona, the Senate concurring:

1.That the Members of the Legislature oppose individualized groups that are not formally affiliated with any federal or state law enforcement agency and whose members take it upon themselves to invade Arizona, allegedly to engage in civilian patrol initiatives to assist the federal government in enforcing federal immigration laws and policies.

2.That the Members of the Legislature declare Arizona to be a "Safety Zone" where all persons are treated equally, with respect and dignity, regardless of immigration status.

3.That the Members of the Legislature express their desire that the United States government adopt comprehensive immigration reforms that ensure respect and fair treatment of all persons, foster economic growth and allow for effective enforcement.

4.That the Members of the Legislature express their desire that the United States government, on adoption of sensible and comprehensive immigration reforms, begin effective enforcement of federal immigration laws at the federal level so that Arizona is not forced to shoulder the costs of enforcing federal immigration laws.

5.That the Secretary of State of the State of Arizona transmit copies of this Resolution to the President of the United States, the President of the United States Senate, the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and each Member of Congress from the State of Arizona.

KLEMMTHAMM

imported post

OH.... MY.... GOODNESS...., What in the world is going through that lady's mind? I hate to get started on a rant, but... *deep breath* The Minutemen movement does nothing more than help our poorly manned and funded border defense system. That's right... HELP our country. Heaven forbid someone try to help this hippie chick change her tire if she gets a flat in a bad part of town; she would probably have them charged with some sort of felony.

Illegals seem to have more advocates than opposition, I see something wrong with that (as you all probably do to). I can't stand knowing that every dollar I earn has a portion SUPPORTING them (illegals). I will do all I can from OK for you AZ folks to lobby against this (in fact I will help anyone from any state as much as I can, it may not be much because I am starting amovement to restore our rights in Oklahoma.) I have some good statistics my Captain sent me on illegals impact on crime and economy, I will post them here for everyone as soon as I can find them.

Remember we must fight to keep our rights, and if we do nothing they will be trampled by the ill-informed and anti's.

-Klemmt-

ProtectMd

imported post

What I think is that the FBI should investigate those who are openly defending these illegal immigrants, are these people being paid off??? Make laws that protect drug runners, thats what the headline should read. I read an article awhile back in Time magazine, and it was saying that more than 200,000 of those immigrants that cross the border every year are not from Mexico, they are from other countries including Iraq, Afganistan, Pakistan, etc. Our border is our weakest link in national security, that is a proven fact. More needs to be done about it. Why citizens who volunteer to help secure it with their own money and time would be made into domestic terrorists, because of a law that some legislature is attempting to push through because she would rather protect drug trafficking, human smuggling, terrorist smuggling, illegal arms smuggling, illegal immigrants. Where do these peoples loyaltys lie? Why are they protecting the criminal enterprise that is running here? Im sorry, but the US constitution and laws don't protect the people who engage in the activities i've stated above that are just going on daily across our nations borders. It will get worse unless more is done about the problem, not the people attempting to fix the problem.

It was just the other day I was watching the news, and it said something about the National Guard being engaged by armed subjects coming from the Mexican side of the border, and that they RETREATED from their posts without returning fire. That right there is an act of war depending on how you look at it. Small arms fire directed towards US citizens, towards the United States from another country? And nothing being done about it, well next time it will be accompanied by an rocket propelled grenade or surface to air missle? Drug money can buy alot for the right price, and the people who move drugs and are involved stop at nothing to get their product to american shores... Where do you draw the line? Drug runners and terrorists aren't stupid. When they begin to realize that the rules of engagement and the tactics, they will adjust their methods accordingly, as you can see in Iraq and Afganistan. I know that something will be done about it im sure the minute a real terrorist crosses the border and gets caught, because this country seems to do something about its problems after the fact, instead of a prevention strategy iniative, to prevent a problem before it even turns into something big. I bet if it was artillery crossing our borders we would be singing a different tune.

As far as them trying to pass laws on trying to burn organizations, lets look into these people. Look into the groups that fund them, and look into their financial transactions. At some point, im sure someone will find that drug money is used to fund illegal immigrant civil rights groups, and these groups are lobbying congress and state legislatures attempting to criminlize AMERICAN CITIZENS so that ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS will have an easier time entering this country with their contraband. Ask them publicly why they favor making law abiding citizens criminals, and protecting illegal activity.

I am not against legal immigrants, this country was founded on them with the exception of American Indians. The majority of the people who have entered this country legally, and for great reason. It prevented allowing criminals into our country, and disease from being brought over from other countries. Theres alot of people who serve in our nations military to get citizenship. As for those who come illegally to this country it is detrimental to everything, I am sick and tired of the american taxpayer footing the bill to house other countries criminals, for our hospitals to provide medical care to non us citizens-when we can't even treat our own, and dealing with the drugs and crime rate they bring to our communities. They come to our country, take down the american flag and put up the mexican flag, march through our streets and sing the star spangled banner in spanish. Not chinese. Not german. Not english. They openly flaunt before the governments of our nation to dare them to do something about it, because they know right now we are having a difficult time of doing it. These things should scare you and I hope this post has made some of you think long and hard. The things that are going on in todays country everything from illegal immigration to what happened during and after hurricane katrina should make you want to go out and buy another gun so that you may protect yourself and your families against these kinds of difficult times that our country is experiencing. This article should make you want to go vote next time theres an election, speak your peace at a town meeting, city meeting, or call your congressman on the phone, adn ask them directly, what they are doing to prevent these things from happening in your state?

I can tell you that in my state of Maryland, which is pretty far from the border we definately have problems here. We have problems with MS-13 gang to the point where kids are being stabbed in our schools, and the FBI has put together a task force to deal with the problem in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area. The problem of immigration doesn't just affect border states, its going to affect everyone in this country at some point unless something is done about it. Nothing will be done unless the people make those elected do something instead of making silly laws...

jerry ratliff

imported post

you need to go down to the border unarmed and see what happens ,the wetbacks will rob, kill ,and do whatever they want, because they know that all they have to do is skip back acrose the border,because you can,t do a dame thing to them, i feel you should be able to do what ever it takes, to stop the dame wetbacks.

jerry ratliff

imported post

you need to go down to the border unarmed and see what happens ,the wetbacks will rob, kill ,and do whatever they want, because they know that all they have to do is skip back acrose the border,because you can,t do a dame thing to them, i feel you should be able to do what ever it takes, to stop the dame wetbacks.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

This will make you really, really happy too! :X:banghead:

U.S. Guns Fuel Bloody Mexican Drug Wars
The Skinny: Rival Drug Cartels Battle It Out With Smuggled American Weapons
NEW YORK, Oct. 29, 2007

[align=center]
image1243543g.jpg

1[/b] | 2

A Mexican federal policeman stands guard as others lift bundles of drugs through a shaft that reaches down to a sophisticated clandestine tunnel which passes under the U.S.-Mexico border in 2006.
(CBS)The Skinny is Keach Hagey's take on the top news of the day and the best of the Internet.

[line]

The U.S. isn't the only country struggling with the effects of what's coming illegally over the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Washington Post reports that 100 percent of drug-related killings in Mexico are carried out with smuggled American weapons, according to Mexican police. About 2,000 enter Mexico each day, according to a Mexican government study.

The guns are "crucial tools in an astoundingly barbaric war between rival cartels that has cost 4,000 lives in the past 18 months and sent law enforcement agencies in Washington and Mexico City into crisis mode," the Post reports.

Officials at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms hope that some of the money will be used to give Mexican police chiefs greater access to U.S. databases for gun traces. Right now, the traces can only be made through federal police headquarters in Mexico City. That takes so long that many local cops don't bother.

They get into Mexico stuffed into the baggy pant legs or hidden in the trunks of "ants," or gunrunners -- often aided by corrupt customs officials. The weapons are often bought legally at gun shows in Arizona and other border states where loopholes allow criminals to stock up without background checks.

Guns are now flooding into the country in part because of the cartel war, and in part because of the ease of buying high-powered weapons since the U.S. assault weapons ban was not renewed in 2004, according to an ATF official.

The American taxpayer must now mop up the bloody results of the ban's demise: President Bush has promised $500 million in U.S. aid to help Mexico battle drug cartels, who are formidable precisely because of their steady supply of AK-47s and grenade launchers that were made In the U.S.A. [/align]

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

How bout we tell Mexico we'll help stop the "flow of guns" as soon as they stop helping cartells flood our streets with drugs? And not a damn minute sooner.

Anyways, I like how people seem to think that instead of the Minutemen, who, as far as I can tell, go to great lengths to screen potential members to weed out troublemakers, and who have a strict code of non-engagement, should be replaced by small groups of actual racists. And, seeing as how they'd be ciminals anyway if this passes, whats to stop them from setting up camp witha few deer rifles and some boxes of ammo?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

The Mexican drug dealers are armed to the teeth while they kidnap, rob, and murder citizens of the US, and our Border Patrol is not allowed to do a thing about it. The only thing that is going to stop this flow of illegals is a huge, literal, fence; or Americans with guns on every inch of the border. Start shooting people who are crossing, and that will stop things really quick. Our government: congress (democrats and republicans) and Bush have sold us out. I voted for Bush, and I have been SO frustrated with him. He promised to fix the immigration thing, and instead has done the exact opposite. BTW, google Compean and Ramos. They are political prisoners in this game that the government is playing of selling out our country.

jerry ratliff

imported post

bush could care les, but you are right we need to do something like that.why not our own gov.ant doing a thang excep.reward them with amistry,don,t you know that the wetbacks have more rights then we do in our own country.

Legba

imported post

Well, if transporting an unloaded gun in a van is a felony in Ohio (and it is, to hear my cop and prosecutor friends tell it), then why not?...

The legislatures really ought to have more pressing concerns.

-ljp