Thread: South Carolina reciprocity legislation introduced

Post imported post

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=2524

Friday, January 12, 2007

The 117th South Carolina General Assembly convened this week, and pro-gun State Representative Greg Delleney (R-43) has introduced legislation to make South Carolina a straight recognition state for Right-to-Carry (RTC) permits.

H 3212 would remove from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) the authority to arbitrarily determine which permits issued by other states will be recognized in South Carolina. Instead, H 3212 would mandate that all valid RTC permits be recognized in South Carolina. This legislation will not only greatly increase the number of permits issued by other states that will be honored in South Carolina, but will also increase the number of states that will recognize a South Carolina permit.

Please contact your State Representative at (803) 734-2402 and urge him or her to cosponsor this critical legislation. You may also want to take a moment to thank Representative Delleney for his efforts to promote our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and our right to personal protection.

Post imported post

South Carolina legislature
    www.scstatehouse.net

Representative F. Gregory "Greg" Delleney, Jr.
    www.scstatehouse.net/members/bios/0463636308.html
    fgd@schouse.org

Post imported post

I sent an email thanking my Rep. because he has already signed on to cosponsor this bill. I hope this will help expand what states honor our states permit.

Post imported post

Does anyone out there have any good idea how likely this is to pass? I have a daughter I visit regularly in SC, and I sure would appreciate reciprocity with VA.

Post imported post

It just passed the House on March 2nd, now we need to let our Senators know that they need to vote for it.

Post imported post