• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another one for the good guys....

molonlabetn

imported post

Kudos to the homeowner for refusing to be a helpless victim! That is exactly what is needed, people who will stand up for themselves, and what is right...A reduction in the surplus population of criminals is always welcome, as well. This younghoodlum was stopped at a young age, before he could fulfill his potential of damage to society, or breed. It is sad that these people allow themselves to pursue activites which incur such drastic and final consequences. But, at least in this case, the consequences were not forced upon the innocent.

molonlabetn

VAopencarry

imported post

Another reason we need more 'stand your ground' laws. Hopefully, this guy won't be charged. The trend, to me, seems to be if you are a senior or female they won't charge you. If you are a male under 60, watch out.

Erus

imported post

We've had a rash of home invasions, and a couple of defensive shootingshere in the last couple weeks and the local FOX news channel morning showis currently soliciting emails on the "Shoot to kill or call the cops" debate:

AMNEWS@FOX5Vegas.com

so far, not ONE "call the cops" response. (save for call them AFTER you shoot)

They reported that the D.A. says to be careful, if one is running away you could get in trouble.. but then they show a sound bite from him saying that if someone is coming into HIS house in the middle of the night, they'll be met with a load of LEAD.

Statewide Premption. More clearly defined Castle Doctorine and Stand your ground laws, and full reciprocity and we'll be a model... (I can dream, right?)

And for the record, I do some small part to help, I OC everywhere I am legally allowed to do so every day.

Erus