• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington (DC) Times Letter to the Editor 1/26/07

XD Owner

imported post

Another LTE, but in the right-leaning (and smaller circulation)Washington Times of DC. Enjoy!

Letters to the editor
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
January 26, 2007

Guns and the Naked City
It should be noted that Mayors Michael Bloomberg and Thomas Menino come from heavily anti-gun states ("Sights on illegal guns," Commentary, Tuesday). Their efforts to turn their constituents into victims by disarming them has been so successful that they are experiencing persistent and rising crime rates because the criminals have nothing to fear.
However, as with most anti-gunners, they refuse to admit this increase in crime is their fault, and because of this failure to admit a mistake, they are pushing to make all law-abiding persons into victims.
It's not just a crime issue, as they claim, it's a privacy issue, and moreover, it's a Second Amendment issue. They need to stop attacking the Constitution, start repealing their "do nothing" laws and then give the people back their ability to defend themselves effectively. After that is done, they will see the crime rate decrease because no criminal wants to go up against an armed person.

ROBERT E. BRAND
Frederick, Md.

May I suggest that all letters to the editor be posted in the News and Political Alerts section of this excellent forum?