• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Gun Show This Weekend

NytoVa

imported post

Is the Hampton Gun Show worth almost an hours drive?

I went to the Virginia Beach show earlier this month, it was small but ok. Is the Hampton show larger...more items for sale. I don'twant to drive there just to see a repeat of the va beach show.

bayboy42

imported post

My personal opinion is no. I've been to two Hampton shows over the last year and won't be attending anymore. I guess ultimately it depends on what exactly you are looking to buy.

Bubba Ron

imported post

The Hampton show is larger than the Virginia Beach show. Don't forget that the last Virginia Beach show was also on a holiday weekend (meaning not usually well attended by vendors or the public) but we still did very well at the VCDL table. Come on down and see the show....

bayboy42

imported post

Well I went against what I said and went to the Hampton show this morning (hey it was go there or do house chores :lol:). Other then talking to the fine fellows at the VCDL table, in my opinion this show was again a repeat of the last one with no "deals" to be had that I could find. If anybody did find some "deals" let me know....I'm starting to think maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I bought a NIB Glock 19 for $430 :) It turns out the guy marked it incorrectly, and it was supposed to be $465. Since I went through the paperwork on the assumption that $430 was the correct price, he didn't change it. Then again, I paid $50 for a Serpa CQC, later saw another guy on the next row selling them for $40:(.

the only "deals" you're likely to get are on used guns. I've dickered people down to some pretty decent bargains in the past. You can't beat Wal-Mart's Winchester White Box for 9mm blasting ammo, but I've done well at the shows for other types: 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 9mm Makarov, .30 carbine etc. They can be gotten through the mail, but then you have to pay shipping, which usually makes the show's price competitive.

Finally, the gun shows are a nice excuse to get out and meet like-minded fanat....er, people. You can't put a price on that.

bayboy42

imported post

OK Dutch...you proved me wrong....can't beat an incorrectly priced NIB Glock 19. Good job. I did meet a few new people which was indeed nice. Guess I just need to adjust my priorities when I go. You won't be sorry about either purchase...I love my 19 and the Serpa CQC holster.

OBXMIKE

imported post

Me and my son spent a couple of hours out there yesterday. Strange, but I really didn't spend that much time looking at firearms! Guess I don't need another one.(Somebody SLAP ME!!) Did find a couple of holsters I needed for my Sig and the Smith snubbie. Wild Bill's concealment makes some really nice stuff for not TOO much money. Bought a belt at the Raleigh show a year and a half ago from him, and you can hardly tell I've had it on, so I was glad to see them there. Got a little discount, too...always a good thing! Son (10) just HAD to have this cheesy knife ($6), so I let him buy it with his allowance...on the way home when he closed it, the plastic handle cracked! He was disappointed, so we buzzed by Bass Pro and I picked him up a replacement. Had a good time just wandering around and checking stuff out...no football, so what else you gonna do?

Oh, it was great to see the VCDL and NRA folks there! Great job, and thanks for helping support our rights!