• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater Shoot

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Hello folks,

Since all of out Tidewater dinners have gone so well and we have started to get so many new members interested, I thought we could step it up a notch. I propose a monthly shoot on top of our dinners. This will not only give us a second opportunity to get together as a group, but also maybe help some people get some practice in that they normally would not do. So here is my proposal:

1[suP]st[/suP] monthly Tidewater shoot : Wednesday 02-07-2006 @1900 (7:00pm)

Where : A&P Arms (2664 Lishelle Pl., Virginia Beach, VA 23452)

I thought that a weekday would be easier since we would not have to fight the weekend masses.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

lol.. sure i will shoot your kimber.. but i still have my m4. New Eotech sights and everything. I should know something about my sig on monday or so.

DeerForce1

imported post

I won't be able to make it but you may want to call & see if Weds nights are very crowded. They have normally been pretty busy every time i've been in there & people who buy annual memberships get moved to the front of the waiting list regardless of how long non-members have been waiting. Just a thought.

You guys have fun...............................................................DF1

NytoVa

imported post

danbus wrote:
FYI - store has "open action" policy. IE no mag with slide locked and weapon holstered
I believe that is just in the shooting bays. I shoot there almost every week and have never had a problemopen carrying & loadedin the store part.

I could be wrong...and just never got caught.

bayboy42

imported post

Desertdoc...what exactly did you have in mind for this "shoot"....simply getting together and spending some time on the range together or more of a friendly competition type shoot? I have an alternative that I wanted to run by you based on everyones busy schedules but desire to participate in these events.

Previously on ocdo there have been two postal matches.....competitions where people shoot a preset set of targets on their own time and then send them to the designated organizer. One of the shoots was successful...the other not so much because only one target was submitted. What if we set up a similar system where the tidewater folks shoot a predetermined set of targets before our monthly dinner but bring their targets to dinner for scoring and recognition.....maybe the best of both worlds????

D

Desertdoc

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Desertdoc...what exactly did you have in mind for this "shoot"....simply getting together and spending some time on the range together or more of a friendly competition type shoot? I have an alternative that I wanted to run by you based on everyones busy schedules but desire to participate in these events.

Im sorry it took so long to get back with you. I have been busy with work and school is to say the lease kicking my ass. I just thought that a friendly shoot would be nice. We could do as you said.. have a single target that we all brought to the dinners.

BTW I have never been told anything about having my slide forward and unloaded while being in A&P. Besides the month or so i have been without my Sig I have always come in with a loaded handgun in my holster and have never had any problems. They do have a CC class there, but with three diffrent bays and i think 5-7 lanes per bay i have never had to wait. This being said that lanes may have to be shared. Im still in some need of some shooting and will be there on the 7th if anyone would like to join me. I have to shoot some of these .223 that are just asking to be shot.