Thread: Well I finally saw one.....

Post imported post

Other then the two "open carry" fellowship dinners I have attended, I have yet to see someone open carrying. Today while at Lynhaven Mall in VA Beach, I finally saw one.....couldn't tell exactly what he was carrying but he didn't appear to be an LEO (yes I know looks can be deceiving). Had I been open carrying at the time, I would have made more of an effort to stop and chat (I was carrying concealed because I was with my wife and sister-in-law, one of which still isn't fully on board with me open carrying...but i love her anyway).

Post imported post

But, but...I thought Lynhaven was anti-gun??

Post imported post

According to VCDL's site Dan you are indeed correct....I wonder if he ran into any problems? Did you get your XD this weekend?

Post imported post

No. Funds weren't there when I wanted it to be, plus taxes coming up. Besides, I'm totally sold ona 1911. Only thing I believe I might have a problem with is the weight. Since I've never owned nor carried one, I won't know how it affects me. But I'm sure 1911 owners don't have any problems with weight.

Post imported post

Lynnhaven is posted @ the front entrance of the mall. All other doors leading into the mall, are not posted. Spent a long time searching all the doors.

Post imported post

cdunlop wrote:
    Lynnhaven is posted @ the front entrance of the mall. All other doors leading into the mall, are not posted. Spent a long time searching all the doors.
    Last time I went, I parked up on the top deck, and went in the upstairs doors by the carousel and the childrens play area. There was indeed a no-firearm sign posted there. This was a few weeks ago, I shot at A&P (ironic eh), then went over there to get a bite to eat.

Post imported post

Just a thought, Lynnhaven is posted No fire arms but Dicks sporting goods sells them. So if you Buy a fire arm from dicks and the manager walks you to the door, you step outside now you can be directed to leave or charged with trespassing. What is wrong with this picture ????

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

I was in the Woodbridge Best Buy a couple days ago and saw a guy open carrying. I came up to him and said, "Excuse me" to get his attention. I think he thought I was going to spring an anti-gun rant on him, but I just wanted to see if it was one of you guys who post on here all the time. Turns out that he'd never heard of OpenCarry.org, but was open carrying to avoid jumping through the hoops of getting a permit from the state to carry concealed. Anyway, it was a good encounter and since he knows about this site now maybe he'll join us.