• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stand our ground

TheJordTrain

imported post

This stuck in my head awhile, until I found myself browsing laws for PA. This is what I came up with -
[line]
§ 505.
The use of deadly force is not justifiable under this section unless the actor believes that such force is necessary to protect himself against death, serious bodily injury, kidnapping or sexual intercourse compelled by force or threat; nor is it justifiable if:

....the actor knows that he can avoid the necessity of using such force with complete safety by retreating or by surrendering possession of a thing to a person asserting a claim of right thereto or by complying with a demand that he abstain from any action which he has no duty to take, except that:
(A) the actor is not obliged to retreat from his dwelling or place of work, unless he was the initial aggressor or is assailed in his place of work by another person whose place of work the actor knows it to be;​
[line]
I'm not a lawyer. Please read the full text in the link below and talk to somebody with a legit law degree!

http://members.aol.com/StatutesP8/18PA505.html

cgbudde

imported post

As of today there is a castle doctrine bill pending, allowing you to stand your ground, you do not have to retreat. hopefully this will become law in PA

cgbudde

imported post

AS of today there has been no movement yet. I know that last year when this was proposed there was a few politicians, as always, who stated that this would turn PA into the wild west. Hopefully this bill will be passed soon. If you have been following other states lately more and more states are passing there version of the castle doctrine bill, (started with FL.) it seems more and more state politicians are slowly getting the message.