• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Summer Time Holster For CC

AlabamaGunner

imported post

Anybody have any ideas for semi-auto cc during the summer months? I wear shorts 90% of the time, but would like to carry 100% cc!!

Tomahawk

imported post

I carry a rather heavy semi-auto about the size and shape of a compact 1911. To CC in the summertime, I wear a tank top undershirt tucked into my jeans or shorts, and use a beltslide holster strongside. I then wear a large loose-fitting T-shirt over that to conceal it. It helps to have a holster and belt which doesn't let the pistol lean outboard and print; you want it tucked in close. It also helps to wear a darker colored T-shirt or at least one with a colorful pattern on it to breakup the outline.

This is usually good, since the tank top keeps the gun away from my skin, but on really hot and humid days wearing the 2 shirts is oppresive, so I just CC a NAA minirevolver in my pocket.

You can get colored tank top undershirts at Walmart for cheap, and as they are not white you don't look like you're wearing a wife-beater shirt.

AlabamaGunner

imported post

I have a Taurus 24/7 Pro40 cal. & a S&W Sigma 9mm.

Also, have a little Berretta TomCat 32 cal.

NavyBlue99TA

imported post

I've had a lot of luck with a belly-band contraption called Smart Carry. You can find more info at http://www.smartcarry.com/ I use mine in shorts and a cotton shirt in the summera lot and have been using it while going out for a run recently. The running requires the rig be pulled up to my bellybutton rather than down at my waist to prevent it from slapping some more tender regions, but it works quite well. I've carried both an XD40 (4")anda Kahr PM-40 (3")in their medium sized rig so I would think it would work for the guns you've listed.