• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun control advocate Buford Scott

danbus

imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbq9OkuZqAo

"...small inconveniences" - pardon my French but, what the:cuss:did he say? Oh, I know, I can't protect myself in a restaurant, so it's a small compromise for the 2nd Amendment.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Someone hand him a pocket dictionary. I think this is why I don't go to things likethis because deep down, there is an anti-anti-gun demon waiting to lash out. Yes, we must project an image of professionalism and whatnot, which I intend to keep on doing, however allow me this post to vent.

When a person says anything that isn't logical (to me mostly) I make it my first step to understand their logic, however pointless it may be. Mostly likely the pure anti-gun mentality will only change with a life lesson. Life lesson being in a restaurant with loved ones and some crazy nut comes in and starts shooting everyone for God's knows what. Because in that moment,two things will happen. One most likely they will pray to whomever they pray to and second the WANT TO SURVIVE. To be able to survive such an event, with or without prayer,one must be prepared. As it was said in a movie (cant remember which) "chance favors the prepared".

If such people wish to create a "gun reduced/free" environment, why not MOVE to where it has already been done. This is why I REFUSE to move back to MD (I'm originally from MD). Yes, I miss my mom and my friends however I told them I'm not moving to a place where the law doesn't guarantee my safety (like they would anyways) and the law says I can't protect myself or my loved ones. My closest friend said "that's a stupid reason not to move".

I replied, "yes, you're right, but it's a smart reason to stay". :p

"A person is smart, people are stupid."

VAopencarry

imported post

Funny thing I noticed. Several minutes into the video I did the same thing I did when seeing this in person. My mind started drifting off, like a kid bored sitting in class. lol

danbus, Ex Marylander here too. I can't see anything making me ever move back. My employer is headquartered in Maryland and I recently turned down a position I once coveted because I would have had to move back to MD. No thanks!!

badmonkey

imported post

Did he say that because the guns were registered no one was shot?!?!?!?! That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Well handguns are completly illegal in DC so no one should ever see them let alone be shot! Give me a break. And what city did he mention, Windsor? Wow, the big booming metropolis of Windsor, which is loaded with transplants from France... Let's register guns in NYC and see if their firearm death rate "drops to zero" as well.
misc.php
crazy.gif

Jersey Ron

imported post

This is just another attempt at the broader scheme of things to come. I'm sorry but I fear this legislation will pass! Then there will be some sort of "false flag" attack and all registered guns will have to be turned into your local police department. Just like Canada, Great Britain and Australia.

Jersey

PS- For those that don't know about the term false flag it simply means a staged attack by one group just to blame another group in order to acheive a specific goal. The USS Liberty and the King David Hotel are classic examples of False Flags.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I recall seeing this video a while back, I think on the VCDL site. Yes, it is upsetting to see an obviously well educated and intelligent person spew such astoundingly stupid and childishly illogical staements with a straight face. One has to keep in mind that the brains of liberals are often "logic-free zones", which explains why it can be so maddening to try to debate such folks. Like trying to teach a cat to whistle, you end up just wasting your time and making the cat angry.

People like Buford can be scary, because politicians can make use of his statements as propaganda, and it can impress the gullible and clueless masses. Keep in mind that HALF of all Americans have below average intelligence...something all successful politicians keep in mind as they craft their messages. Nonetheless, we can't allow our frustration to lead to negativism and resignation. Reason, logic and common sense can eventually win out. If this weren't true, there would be no civilization anywhere in the world.

Perhaps you all have noticed that a nice way to release the frustration produced by a dose of "liberallogic" is to go shooting and blast a bunch of targets! I think maybe I will take Desertdoc up on the invite to the shoot on Feb 7th!

Don't let the bastards grind you down!!!

Jersey Ron

imported post

VAopencarry, thanks for the information!! Great post! But I still say that this type of bullsh*t will move forward as there appears to be a greater "force" behind the scenes that will NOT rest until our gun rights are but just a memory. Please, I beg EVEYRONE to just reserach what happened in Canada, Great Britain and Australia. It's the same "group" that is behind it all!! Just look at the video and pay special attention to the woman that the camera man focused on at the end of the video. She belongs to the same "group" that has defanged the 3 countries I mentioned earlier. Please, just RESEARCH and you will see!!!!

Look up Dunblane massacre for starts!!!

Jersey