• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Carry Bill

vt357

imported post

As many of you should remember Senator Webb promised us a National Park Carry bill in the Senate if he was elected. I think it is time to call for him to keep his promise.

Here is the link to his letter promising the bill. Webb's Letter

Everyone should write to Senator Webb and encourage him to sponsor that piece of legislation for us.

You can contact him here. Webb's Contact

Let's see if he is a true 2nd Amendment supportor or just another sweet talking politician.

XD Owner

imported post

Done. I also asked him to support S. 338 S. 388--the Senate version of H.R. 226, a national Right-to-Carry firearms reciprocity bill that would provide national reciprocity for state concealed carry permitees.

That's a two-fer!

Stands to reason, if he has a permit himself, he might like to have it be valid nationwide. I wonder if he breaks DC's laws against carrying a gun? :) Since he is a Senator, he might be able to get away with it. Or maybe he has immunity since he is there on official business? Anyway, sorry to get off topic.

I hope everyone who reads this will write him and Sen. Warner and ask him to get these bills on the floor for a vote.

XD Owner

imported post

His October 30 letter toVirginia Sportsmen and Gun Owners,has this sentence in it.

"I have made no secret during this campaign of the fact that I carry."

It's on the VCDL web link supplied in the first post.

VAopencarry

imported post

Well XD, When I heard him say he carried rarely it was on TV, before the election, so I didn't think I had a shot at finding any documentation.

Here he says he doesn't carry regularly and that he keeps his permit because he want's the option to carry.

Webb interview

XD Owner

imported post

VAOpencarry - thanks for the link. It is invaluable. Just like a true politician, he has apparently said one thing to one audience, and something quite different to a different audience. (I know in speeches you should always tailor your message to your audience, but this is ridiculous!)

I remember reading somewhere that Sen. Rudman of New Hampshire I think, said he broke DC's gun laws when he got here by keeping a gun at his DC home or something like that.

Yes, I am correct.

D.C.’s gun law forces law-abiding people to choose between protecting their lives and obeying the law. Former U.S. Senator Warren Rudman, after retiring from office, said: “Honest people don’t have guns and criminals do. I think people have a right to protect themselves. I was outraged to learn that I couldn’t legally have a gun in Washington. Despite the law, I kept one in my office and one in my apartment, because there were plenty of armed criminals roaming the streets of Washington.” (Combat: Twelve Years in the U.S. Senate, 1996, p.40)

from http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=72

I wish Webb was more like Rudman.

Anyway, do not give up. If everyone keeps writing him, he may actually move some of our gun freedom issues forward.

vt357

imported post

I wonder how late his satelite office hours are? I have been thinking about going down to his Richmond office while OCing to discuss 2nd Am. issues with is staff. But if they hold regular office hours I couldn't make it b/c of work.