• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida OC Proposed to Senator and Rep

rvrctyrngr

imported post

I'd contact Marion directly at her office in Tallahassee.

PO Box 1387
Tallahassee, FL

(850)222-9518

Yes, this is public information.

FZJ80

imported post

Hey guys, I'm new in this forum and I'm very interested in OC in Florida, I have my CWP and I carry everyday, but I too, like most of you guys are tired of looking for ways of "hiding" the fact that I excercize my right to defend myself 24/7. I signed the petition to OC in Florida, I'm member 1671. What else can we do? Any updates in this matter? Thanks!

TDR_50

imported post

I am not sure if it already has been done, but put some posts and links on all the different forums like GlockTalk, Firearms Forum, Walther forum. There a huge amount of forums but GlockTalk is one of the big ones as well as the AR15Forum. This is a great start . Lets all get involved and make it work.

Tony Doukas from SW Florida

rvrctyrngr

imported post

TDR_50 wrote:
I am not sure if it already has been done, but put some posts and links on all the different forums like GlockTalk, Firearms Forum, Walther forum. There a huge amount of forums but GlockTalk is one of the big ones as well as the AR15Forum. This is a great start . Lets all get involved and make it work.

Tony Doukas from SW Florida

Hi Tony,

Myself and other members here have posted the necessary links on GT numerous times in the last several months. I'll probably post the link to the petition again in the next few days.

opspecial

imported post

well if you can filter things out, i wound up being 1980 and 1981. remove 1980 if possible.

Lezchap

imported post

Well I just emailed my representative and senator in supporting OC legislation. We'll see how they respond.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lezchap wrote:
Well I just emailed my representative and senator in supporting OC legislation. We'll see how they respond.

Did they respond? What was it?

If they didn't, hit 'em again!

Lezchap

imported post

Dear Mr. McDaniel, Thank you for your e-mail in which you inquired about my position with regard to allowing Florida residents to openly carry handguns in the state when they are lawfully purchased. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to get in touch. As you may know, I am a strong advocate of gun rights, and I personally own firearms. However, I am concerned that allowing gun owners to openly carry their weapons, even when purchased through lawful channels, could be used against them. I believe that the concealed weapons permit that Florida currently has in place is working and is effective. In your e-mail, you raised some interesting points, and I believe that an open-carry law sounds good in theory but that its actual application could prove to be hazardous to the owners of lawfully purchased firearms. It presents a great deal of temptation to criminals, who could potentially steal these weapons from the law-abiding citizens and utilize them for unlawful activities. Once again, thank you for writing. Sincerely, Representative Ralph Poppell State House District 29

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lezchap wrote:
Dear Mr. McDaniel, Thank you for your e-mail in which you inquired about my position with regard to allowing Florida residents to openly carry handguns in the state when they are lawfully purchased. I appreciate the fact that you took the time to get in touch. As you may know, I am a strong advocate of gun rights, and I personally own firearms. However, I am concerned that allowing gun owners to openly carry their weapons, even when purchased through lawful channels, could be used against them. I believe that the concealed weapons permit that Florida currently has in place is working and is effective. In your e-mail, you raised some interesting points, and I believe that an open-carry law sounds good in theory but that its actual application could prove to be hazardous to the owners of lawfully purchased firearms. It presents a great deal of temptation to criminals, who could potentially steal these weapons from the law-abiding citizens and utilize them for unlawful activities. Once again, thank you for writing. Sincerely, Representative Ralph Poppell State House District 29

Maybe you should ask him how he squares his advocacy of gun rights with the requirement that one must obtain a license to carry them - making gun carry a privilege.

There is no reason to replace CCW with OC, merely supplant it. How better does one exercise their RIGHT? ...Of course FL stripped the RKBA out of their state constitution - did he notice that?

You ought to reply that he is concerned in the same sort of waythe anti-gun people were - blood in the streets, etc. Ask him about the incidents he is aware of in states that are strongly OC RIGHTS.

IMHO, you ought to keep the conversation going with him.

Thanks for the post.