• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2/05/07- Got kicked out of Short Pump/Glen Allen Walmart tonight for OC.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Danbus just wrote (yesterday) regarding an experience in a different Virginia Wal-Mart:

"I got a call today from Wal-Mart corporate, and was told that he sent out an email to all the Wal-Marts stating that we can carry openly..."

Sounds like this email went to everyone, per Danbus. If so, the Short Pump Wal-Mart should be included.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I sent an email to the Short Pump Wal-Mart manager an hour ago politely asking him to inform his Assistant Manager of Wal-Mart's official policy (that Wal-Marts follow the laws of the states they are in). I tried calling first, but he isn't in today. I've open carried there many times without a problem,but Idon't wish to be embarrassed by Erin at some future point in time, so I figured a little pre-emptive action was in order.

If anyone else frequents this Wal-Mart, they may wish to also politely inquire about this. Manager is Robert Belcher. There are two ways to contact a Wal-Mart by email and get a response. One goes to corporate, the other directly to the store manager (with a cc to the district manager). I've used both in the past, but I used the way that goes directlyto the store manager this time (which can only be done through the corporate site as opposed to the site where you can also shop on-line).

mercutio545

imported post

Yeah I think she only works as the night manager, but it was a pain having to leave (nothing else was open). I'm sure I could have put my sidearm in my car, and came back in and made my purchase, but I'm not going to give up my rights and disarm myself for a power tripping assistant manager who doesn't know her own company policy.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Sounds like a lot of cops -- not knowing the law and power-tripping! ;)

Why is it you just can't find good help nowadays? :question:

-- John D.

P.S. At two WalMarts here, two managers and assorted sales associates didn't even know what they did/did not have in stock/on the floor...and I called FIRST to verify before I made the long trips out there. What a low "standard" of competentce required there apparently, even for managerial positions.

apjonas

imported post

Do not, repeat, do not contact or attempt to contact this woman except in the context of this situation and at the office. Whatever you find out using MySpace or any other resource should be ignored. Frankly, you should stop doing research on her, period. Whatever your intentions, you will be painted as a gun nut stalker and will only hurt yourself and the cause of open carry. I would suggest you contact only the male manager if you really need to talk.