Thread: Holsters

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I need to find a shop in NOVA with a good selection of OC holsters for my Ruger P345 (w/rail). Any recommentations?

I was looking at the Fobus Evolution II, but they don't yet list a model for my gun. Perhaps a Blackhawk CQC or a carbon fiber SERPA?

Thoughts? Impressions?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Post imported post

You can try Shooter's Paradise in Woodbridge, Virginia Arms in Manassas or Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas. However, most shops only carry holsters for the popular guns, Glock, Sig etc. You might have a hard time finding one for a Ruger. I'd check Blackhawks website, I don't think they make a Serpa for the Ruger, though I could be mistaken.

Too many holsters, too many different guns, it's hard for a gun shop to keep a good stock on hand.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thanks, that's what I'm finding out. I'll check out Shootersin the meantine, but I noticed last time I was there they didn't cary any Rugers, so they might not have any holsters. I know they allowholster draws on the range and I want to practicedraws withthe same holster and gun I'll be OC'ing. "Train the way you fight."

Post imported post

Bob, I got a P345 a few months ago, and it's truly been a pain in the ass finding a holster for it. I ended up ordering a fobus paddle rotoholster for it, then got a thigh rig adapter, and it works pretty well. the retention is wayyyyyyyyy too much though. I tried filing it down and putting a battery in the holster, and sometimes I need two hands to get it out of there. I guess it would be good for OC because nobody will be able to get it out of the holster, but not so good in an emergency where you need that extra second to draw. If you can find another holster for it, let me know.

Post imported post

Bianchi INTL has a widew variety. Find the one you like, then order through Brateman's. Great customer service.

Post imported post

I have a Serpa CQC, and really like it. Paid $50 for it at a recent gun show. Then found that the Sportsman's Guide catalog had it for $35 ! (damn!) If you decide on this one, check them out at www.sportsmansguide.com.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thanks, Dutch Uncle, what gun do you have? I'm not sure they make one for the Ruger P345 or have you found one that works for that gun?

I've found that FOBUS actually has about 4 different ones for the P345 and there's a dealer about 5 miles away, so I'm going to stop by and check them out after work today.

Post imported post

I have a Glock 19 that I bought at the same show. I really like it, and the Serpa works beautifully with it. I'm sure you could go to their website to find out which pistols they make rigs for.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Has anyone used the Galco 3 Slot cop holster with the Ruger P345? Opinions?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hmmm, nobody? Well as the GALCO COP 3-Slot is the only holster readily available for the P345 I picked one up at Shooters today. It seems like a nice holster and I had to loosen the tension adjustment a bit. I'll see how she feels after I've cycles the gun through her a while. Im going to keep it on the hip all night to help the fit.

I'm still thinking a nice Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holster would be good, but alas, none for the P345. My poor neglected, red-headed stepchild P345...