• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Giuliani lacks understanding of the 2nd Amendment!

TEX1N

imported post

Here is a very short article that talks about Rudy Giuliani and the gun control he used as mayor of New York City:

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/national/BO42897

Snip:
"I understand the Second Amendment. I understand the right to bear arms." He said what he did as mayor would have no effect on hunting.
It's disturbing because I am under the impression that Giuliani has little respect for the 2nd Amendment. This is scary because there is a chance he could be the republican nominee for president. And with Clinton and Obama leading the democrat side of the road, it looks liker there is not going to be enough (if any) pro-gunners on the ballot in 2008.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I have decided that if Rudy is the Republican candidate in 2008, then I am going to vote for the Democrat (holds nose). At least then the Republicans will come together in opposition.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I strongly suspect that Rudy is going to ride a river of emotions over his place inhistory as Mayor of NYC during 9-11into the Republican nomination. He is anti-2A, pro-choice, pro-corporations and pro open borders. In other words, he's a RINO.

I will not be supporting Rudy. Or for that matter McPain.

Democrats are also not an option.

What the Red States must do is jump ship from the Republican party and seek out third party candidates that represent the conservative ideals and the foundations that put the USA on the map. Ron Paul is someone I believe I could support, but like most third party candidates he suffers from the lack of name recognition, and is unfairlydisparaged by the Republican party as something ofa loon.

For those who are convinced that I'm throwing my vote away, Id remind them that there is no point in voting for someone who will do nothing in the advancement of my ideals- Republican or Democrat.

[align=center]ConstitutionParty.com[/align]

FreeorDie

imported post

the Constitution party is a great decision also.... you are not throwing your vote away, especially when a MAJORITY of the American follow...

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have also decided that I will not vote for Rudy or McCain for more than just the 2nd amendment issues.I also will not vote for demorats, I'd love to be able to vote for someone like Ron Paul.:X

FreeorDie

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
I have also decided that I will not vote for Rudy or McCain for more than just the 2nd amendment issues.I also will not vote for demorats, I'd love to be able to vote for someone like Ron Paul.:X

You are able... You can even support his campaign... http://www.ronpaul.org