• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia House passes proposal to allow guns ANYWHERE in cars

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

BobCav wrote:

I love Georgia's potential new law! I don't agree that a weapon is not concealed when it is in a glove box or console, but,this lawwill ultimately help citizens protect themselves from the bad guys. I understand the policemen'sconcerns that this law may not protect them because of visibility issues at night, but, I am sure that if this law does pass the Senate, the policemen will have to adjust (maybe they will have their weapons drawn on routine traffic stops - of course, if you have done no wrong, it shouldn't be a problem).

2nd Amendment..........Use it............Or, lose it!!:X

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Georgia law already allows weapons in the glovebox or center console or "open and fully exposed to view" without a firearms license. With a firearms license, it may be concealed anywhere in the vehicle.

HB 89 will change this so that anybody not ineligible for a license may conceal anywhere in the vehicle without committing a crime. HB 89 was introduced by Rep. Bearden, a former Sheriff's deputy (for 15 years), who estimates he has stopped between 10,000 and 12,000 motor vehicles over the years.

GCO offered testimony at the committee hearing in the House, and, now that HB 89 passed the House 130 to 38, intends to do so again in the Senate.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/

Smurfologist

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:

HB 89 will change this so that anybody not ineligible for a license may conceal anywhere in the vehicle without committing a crime. HB 89 was introduced by Rep. Bearden, a former Sheriff's deputy (for 15 years), who estimates he has stopped between 10,000 and 12,000 motor vehicles over the years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a good law. Ultimately, people need to protect themselves. Thanks for the link!

2nd Amendment..............Use it................Or, lose it!!:X

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Smurfologist wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a good law. Ultimately, people need to protect themselves. Thanks for the link!

Gag me with a spoon!

"This will be a good law ... 2nd Amendment[that 'shall not be infringed']...Use it..Or, lose it !"

Written like a good little National Reasonable-regulation Ass parrot. Ha, an "Ass parrot!" You read it here first.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

hirundo82

imported post

Doug, would you like to respond to the content of people's posts, or would you prefer to just insult them?

As to the bill, I agree that it is a good thing. Any step that removes the necessity of having a permit to carry, even in as restricted a space as a vehicle, is a step in the right direction.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

Mr. Hoffman, please elaborate. I do not mind people disagreeing, and I would be happy to debate the issue with you.Other than posting an endless profusion of ad hominems, however, I cannot discern the point of your post.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

HB 89 passed the Senate Judiciary Committee, and now it is in the Senate Rules Committee. GCO was present at the Senate Judiciary Committee and presented testimony from three witnesses in support of the bill.

Rules Committee is the last step before a vote on the Senate floor, after which it is off to the Governor's desk!

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
Mr. Hoffman, please elaborate. I do not mind people disagreeing, and I would be happy to debate the issue with you.Other than posting an endless profusion of ad hominems, however, I cannot discern the point of your post.

Malum, He was referring to Smurfologist's tag line:

I believe he's saying (quite accurately) that you CAN'T lose your right to keep and bear arms, as it comes only from God above. Self defense is a right-to-life.

People"...are endowed theirCreator with certain inalienable rights. Among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

Since life is a right grantedby God alone, so therefore must thedefense of that life! Ignoring that defense of life is to go against the will of God.

That is an eternal truth and our forefathers had the genius and foresight to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms was merely recognized and supported by the Constitution and essential to ensuring the continued protection ofthecitizens.

The right to self defense has existed long before our American Constitution. We're just the first to recognize that right in our people and to make it a part of our Constitution!

Smurfologist

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

Gag me with a spoon!

"This will be a good law ... 2nd Amendment[that 'shall not be infringed']...Use it..Or, lose it !"

Written like a good little National Reasonable-regulation Ass parrot. Ha, an "Ass parrot!" You read it here first.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doug Huffman,

I really don't know the point of your post. However, I believe other people know the point you made. I will only tell you (simply) that I will continue to end all of my post the way I want, and (since this is America), you can interpret it the way you want. You have your beliefs; I have mine. I will advise you to read all 85+ of my post and maybe you will understand why I end my post the way that I do (I will leave it at that). God Bless America!!!:exclaim:

2nd Amendment...........Use it...........Or, lose it!!:X