• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wallet size RCW "crib notes"

Cue-Ball

imported post

It's been a while since I've posted but I whipped up something that I thought others on here might like. It's a small snippet of the Washington State RCW code along with a portion of the Federal Way memo. Because this is supposed to be small enough to fit in your wallet, the amount of text I can fit is very limited, so don't expect too much. Not that this IS NOT a "catch all" document. It won't necessarily save you from being harassed or arrested. It doesn't cover the whole RCW code and the Federal Way memo is not yet recognized by all the departments in the state. But, it is sometimes nice to have a quick reference for the exact wording of the statutes and this is intended to fill that purpose.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm happy to make alterations. Just remember that I'm already squeezing things pretty tight so adding more text is not really an option.

To use the card just print it out (it's a .pdf so you'll need Adobe reader or a Mac). Fold in half lengthwise, then in thirds widthwise. It should turn out the same size as a credit card or drivers license.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Open carry wallet insert.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 468

joshmmm

imported post

Thanks!

I would only change the lower right portion... try to copy the Federal Way memo (including letterhead)... just make it small...it may hold more force this way as right now it could appear that you wrote it (we know you didn't--but someone else might not).

Otherwise, it looks great and thanks for posting this!

sandy

imported post

I've got something similar in my wallet with relevant portions highlighted for easy skimming. Thanks for the reminder to add the training bulletin to it.

--Sandy (WA)

joeroket

imported post

So this got me thinking. I took the Bellevue and Federal way bulletins and combined the relevant parts, including the Federal Way letterhead and the Cpl. for training from Bellevue. What do you guys think? Should it have a little more or do you think it will serve its purpose.

Attachments

• OC Wallet.pdf
    40.5 KB · Views: 343