• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What "condition" do you OC in?

What condition do you carry in?

• Condition 0 - A round in the chamber, hammer cocked, and the safety off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Condition 1 - ("Cocked and locked") A round in the chamber, hammer cocked, safety on.

• Condition 2 - A round in the chamber and the hammer is down.

• Condition 3 - The chamber is empty and hammer is down with a charged magazine in the gun.

• Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, hammer is down and no magazine is in the gun. (Kinda defeats the

• Total voters

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've seen a lot about the differing carry conditions of readiness and I know they're not all applicable to all guns, but what condition do you open carry in?

For those that don't know the conditions, there's a good description on a 1911 site:

http://www.sightm1911.com/Care/1911_conditions.htm#Condition3

My P345 is in condition 2, one chambered, safety on and DA for the first shot. I've installed a 19 lb Wolff spring to ease that long hard Ruger DA pull. Can't have the Ruger hammer down with the safety on as it decocks the gun (and scares the crap outta me every time!). Next best thing to Condition 1 (1a?).

molonlabetn

imported post

Condition 1 for the 1911 and XDs (or Condition 0 for the XDs, ifone refuses to classify the grip-safety as needing manual activation). Condition 2 for the Sigs and Beretta.

Basically, always one in the chamber... carried AS DESIGNED.

Glocks and Walther P99qa models (and other pre-cocked striker pistols) would be hard to evaluate... Since it would technically be Condition 0 when chambered (since there is no active manual safety), but the action is not 100% cocked, so it could also be argued that it is close to being in condition 2... but that doesn't quite describe it either, since it is not a true DA or DAO mechanism (the hammer is not at rest).

here we go...

molonlabetn

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

molonlabetn wrote:

Glocks and Walther P99qa models (and other pre-cocked striker pistols) would be hard to evaluate...

I carry a Glock and I would agree that it's hard to determine what condition it is in when I carry with a round in the chamber. I figure it's safe as long as I keep my booger hook off the bang switch. :p

Agent6-3/8

imported post

If its my 1911 its condition 1. Otherwise I'm carrying a revolver.

I personally considerGlock with a round in the chamber condition 0. If the trigger is pulled it will fireandin my mindthat iscondition 0.

badmonkey

imported post

Agent6-3/8 wrote:
I personally considerGlock with a round in the chamber condition 0. If the trigger is pulled it will fireandin my mindthat iscondition 0.
True....Hmm...
I guess it's not a really good comparison. But a Glock isn't fully cocked, it finishes while pulling the trigger. Oh well, point is I carry with 1 in the pipe! :lol:

NevJohn

imported post

I carry either a XD40, CW9 or SW638 Rev. All are PRIMED and ready to go when the trigger is pulled. I guess that is Condx "0"