• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Californiaccw.org

IAmASensFan

imported post

Several posts that are anti Californiaccw.org have been posted here, so i thought I would just try and clear a couple things up.

First, we aren't against Open Carry. CCW is our focus, so we try to keep engaging discussion of other activism quiet. This means Open Carry, Assault Weapons, etc.

Second, we are trying a different top down approach, rather than the bottom up approach that everyone else is pushing. It's easier to change the laws about CCW from the people that make the laws, not enforce them. Besides, most of the folks who ultimately enforce the laws are on our side. It's the Sheriffs that use CCW as party-favors who are the enemy in this fight. They are responsible to the DOJ, so we have to look at changing things up there.

Third, so what if we decide to do something different? If we fail, we fail. Since the people who stamp their feet and scream and whine haven't changed a damn thing yet, what have WE got to lose?

We had a member whose only focus was to sue sheriffs. He and several other members thought that was the only way to do things. He kept quoting his own lawsuit from years ago that won him a settlement, yet he was still denied a ccw in his own county for 5 years, and 3 years in any other county. He was looking for his 401K, not trying to affect change.

Yet I support this becasue a lawsuit brings CCW out in the open, and exposes bad polit...I mean sheriffs for what they are.

We stand a better chance proving to liberal lawmakers that they are at risk too. After all, some of their own have CCW's already...why shouldn't the rest of us have that opportunity.

There is a lot going on behind the scenses that ilbob and condition-three are not privy to. I'm not here to stir the pot. There is a lot to fight for, and it's no help if we are all opposing eachother.

SomeDay

imported post

It's good to here people defending what Californiaccw stands for. I didn't realize that there was so much confusion about the site.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

There is no confusion about what CaliforniaCCW is about.

The issue is with the duplicitous actions of the forum administrator. It is apparent that he has a particular agenda--saying one thing to one person and the opposite to another. If he will hide his actionsfrom the anonymoussheild of the internet, I hardly can place my trust in him with anything requiring more confidence.