Thread: New Open carrier in Fairfax area

Post imported post

Hey yall, Love to be part of the normal crowd . Its great to see fellow gun enthusiasts and Second Amendment protectors in Va. My wife joined the site earlier under the name of "Marinewifey" and i'm sure she posted you guys on what happened. I'll mention i just purchased a 229 in .40 along with a galco belt which cost a pretty penny! and a CQC serpa blackhawk LEFTY holster with the carbno fiber insert..mmmmm. Thanks for reading and hope to talk to you guys later. Semper!

Post imported post

You got a perty lil gun there mister

Post imported post

Great to have you all aboard.

It's a good bunch here, a fair amount of former Jarheads too
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Sigarmed thanks for the job you do for us,thank yor wife for the support she gives you.You will like it here. a great bunch of people WELCOME. Mtn Jack Ps Love my Blackhawk holster, how do you like so far.

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

SIGarmed229, that gun is sweet. "Just bought a Cadillac........Throw some Ds on that B****!" I was told that SIGs are like the Cadillac of handguns......what do you think?

2nd Amendment.........Use it............Or, lose it!!:X
    The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!

Post imported post

Very nice gun you have there. I carry the same thing. I've really been wanting to put some Crimson Trace grips on it - just can't afford to right now. I guess that would be the equivalent to Ds on a Sig.

Post imported post

nice setup you have. it took me a minute but i finally figured out what looks wrong in your picture - it's on the wrong side! have the same setup for my s&w on oc days.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hey SigArmed....sweet gun you have there. Welcome and hope to see you out there OC'ing!

Post imported post

Welcome. I, too have a SIG P229, .357 SIG, in a lefty CQC serpa. And it has Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Great gun!

Post imported post

Welcome -- Lot's of good info in here. Often a monthly eat and great as well. Hoping to make the next one myself. Hope to see you around.

DC

Post imported post

Mtn Jack, I absolutly love my holster. Very simple to use and great retention. Currently i'm trying to locate some blackhawk double stack mag holders but no luck so far! Smurfologist i couldnt have said it better myself about the cadillac of pistols is the sig price wise anyway. haha

Post imported post

Sigarmed, Might try Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas. 703-365-9941. I know they have Blackhawk mag holders not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Funny you ask that Vaopencarry i just called them around the time you posted that and they told me that they dont have any in stock but have some on order. I will call them on a bi-daily basis now because I want one badly. In fact, that is were I got my holster at

Post imported post

Ha!! If you bought it over the weekend, I think I know who you are. I work there on weekends.

Post imported post

Welcome from another former Gyrene. Will we see you at the next VCDL meeting?

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Ha!! If you bought it over the weekend, I think I know who you are. I work there on weekends.
    We've come in on a weekend before, but I think we came in for the Holster on Monday. Took forever to find that holster though, before we went to "Guns and Ammo" we were over at "Virginia Arms", bought a holster there. When we got to G&A Sigarmed found it so we had to rush back, return the one we just bought so he could buy the Blackhawk one.

Post imported post

Virginia Arms does have a larger holster selection then G&A. I remember a Marine and his wife bought a gun this past weekend, I was thinking it might have been you all.

Post imported post

We had bought the gun at Virginia Arms and the holster at Guns and Ammo. But indeed, Virginia Arms has many many holsters, not many for lefty's though.

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum! Semper Fi! Im guessing your up there at Quantico?