• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Open carrier in Fairfax area

SIGarmed229

imported post

Hey yall, Love to be part of the normal crowd :). Its great to see fellow gun enthusiasts and Second Amendment protectors in Va. My wife joined the site earlier under the name of "Marinewifey" and i'm sure she posted you guys on what happened. I'll mention i just purchased a 229 in .40 along with a galco belt which cost a pretty penny! and a CQC serpa blackhawk LEFTY holster with the carbno fiber insert..mmmmm. Thanks for reading and hope to talk to you guys later. Semper!

holstered.jpg

229001.jpg

Mtn Jack

imported post

Sigarmed thanks for the job you do for us,thank yor wife for the support she gives you.You will like it here. a great bunch of people WELCOME. Mtn Jack :) Ps Love my Blackhawk holster, how do you like so far.

vt357

imported post

Very nice gun you have there. I carry the same thing. I've really been wanting to put some Crimson Trace grips on it - just can't afford to right now. I guess that would be the equivalent to Ds on a Sig.

sitedzn

imported post

nice setup you have. it took me a minute but i finally figured out what looks wrong in your picture - it's on the wrong side!:lol: have the same setup for my s&w on oc days.

markand

imported post

Welcome. I, too have a SIG P229, .357 SIG, in a lefty CQC serpa. And it has Crimson Trace Laser Grips. Great gun!

SIGarmed229

imported post

Mtn Jack, I absolutly love my holster. Very simple to use and great retention. Currently i'm trying to locate some blackhawk double stack mag holders but no luck so far! Smurfologist i couldnt have said it better myself about the cadillac of pistols is the sig :) price wise anyway. haha

VAopencarry

imported post

Sigarmed, Might try Guns and Ammo Warehouse in Manassas. 703-365-9941. I know they have Blackhawk mag holders not sure if they have exactly what you are looking for.

SIGarmed229

imported post

Funny you ask that Vaopencarry:lol: i just called them around the time you posted that and they told me that they dont have any in stock but have some on order. I will call them on a bi-daily basis now because I want one badly. In fact, that is were I got my holster at :D

MarinesWife

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Ha!! If you bought it over the weekend, I think I know who you are. I work there on weekends.
We've come in on a weekend before, but I think we came in for the Holster on Monday. Took forever to find that holster though, before we went to "Guns and Ammo" we were over at "Virginia Arms", bought a holster there. When we got to G&A Sigarmed found it so we had to rush back, return the one we just bought so he could buy the Blackhawk one. :lol:

VAopencarry

imported post

Virginia Arms does have a larger holster selection then G&A. I remember a Marine and his wife bought a gun this past weekend, I was thinking it might have been you all.

MarinesWife

imported post

We had bought the gun at Virginia Arms and the holster at Guns and Ammo. But indeed, Virginia Arms has many many holsters, not many for lefty's though.

ProtectMd

imported post

Welcome to the forum! Semper Fi! Im guessing your up there at Quantico?