• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

Hermit

imported post

Do any of you open carry in Missouri? I've read that the different cities in Missouri have a variety of lovely ordinances that restrict it in different ways. I plan on pursuing a CCW permit, but I'm not too thrilled with having to walk around unarmed until the 6 month residency passes.

Trying to get a feel for what the atmosphere is like in MO for open carry. Here in AZ, people hardly bat an eye at you for it.

BigGlock

imported post

I am also considering open carry and, like you, I am very curious to see everyone's reaction. I am applying soon for my CCW permit but it might be a while before I receive it. I have a Glock 17 with a Blackhawk holster. It sure looks awesome on my hip. I hope everyone else thinks so to!

Hermit

imported post

The few private pm's I've received tend to indicate that the area of Missouri I'll be relocating to (Chesterfield) isn't friendly toward open carry.

I guess that just means I'm meant to get active in the legislation to change that. :D

BigGlock, are you from Missouri? You don't have a location specified, but I figured you are since you're in the MO portion of the forums.

BigGlock

imported post

Yes, I am in MO and I have now filled in my location. Open carry is legal in my town (still going to ask the sheriff first) but illegal in others around me. I will probably OC once the statewide law allows OC everywhere (let's hope!).