• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hk usp 45/wilson combat cqb 1911, glock 21

?1911

imported post

So I have been doing research on the perfect hand gun for me. I want to use this gun for personal deffence as well as begining some tactical shooting. I currently own a glock 19,17 and ruger .22 revolver as well as a remington 870. Now I really want a quality .45 that I can keep with me for the rest of my life and will be top notch for the rest of my life. That way I will be skilltacular with it. I just got my tax return so price is not a factor. I have narrowed my choices to the glock 21, the hk usp fullsize .45 the kimber warrior, and the wilson cqb w/rail. My requirements are are .45, and a light rail. If possible I would rather buy american. Which lends it's self to the kimber or wilson. I also want a firearm that will have manageable recoil. Now the kimber and wilson can't be rented at any range near me I have fired a 1911 springfield and it was ok the hk was like butter smooth and nice the glock was reliable and felt good in the hand I have large hands not to be confused with XL but none the less well if I could get any input particularly from someone with experience with the kimber warrior and or wilson cqb or any wilson. that would be great . Folks shoot staight and be safe.

p.sTo any haters I have encountered to field FBI agent that were both carrying kimber desert warriors for their duty piece.

VAopencarry

imported post

Well if I interpret your p.s. correctly it sounds like you don't really want advice unless it's what you want to hear. But if you will use this as a defense gun consider the magazine capacity of a 1911 vs a service weapon.

?1911

imported post

That wasn't my intention I have just read some comments in similar forums and it seems like people were raging on kimbers and hadn't really even owned one. As far as magazine capacity that is 100% correct and one of the reasons glock and hk are on my possible list though I didn't inclued that before, now in the back of my head I am thinking that the most important thing in a gun fight is always shot placement now you do have to have rounds for that and you should know that wilson combat does make a ten round mag for all 1911 frames and would make any 1911 only three rnds less than the hk or glock.

?1911

imported post

That wasn't my intention I have just read some comments in similar forums and it seems like people were raging on kimbers and hadn't really even owned one. As far as magazine capacity that is 100% correct and one of the reasons glock and hk are on my possible list though I didn't inclued that before, now in the back of my head I am thinking that the most important thing in a gun fight is always shot placement now you do have to rounds for that and you should know that wilson combat does make a ten round mag for all 1911 frames and would make any 1911 only three rnds less than the hk or glock.

molonlabetn

imported post

?1911 wrote:
So I have been doing research on the perfect hand gun for me. I want to use this gun for personal deffence as well as begining some tactical shooting. I currently own a glock 19,17 and ruger .22 revolver as well as a remington 870. Now I really want a quality .45 that I can keep with me for the rest of my life and will be top notch for the rest of my life. That way I will be skilltacular with it. I just got my tax return so price is not a factor. I have narrowed my choices to the glock 21, the hk usp fullsize .45 the kimber warrior, and the wilson cqb w/rail. My requirements are are .45, and a light rail. If possible I would rather buy american. Which lends it's self to the kimber or wilson. I also want a firearm that will have manageable recoil. Now the kimber and wilson can't be rented at any range near me I have fired a 1911 springfield and it was ok the hk was like butter smooth and nice the glock was reliable and felt good in the hand I have large hands not to be confused with XL but none the less well if I could get any input particularly from someone with experience with the kimber warrior and or wilson cqb or any wilson. that would be great . Folks shoot staight and be safe.

p.sTo any haters I have encountered to field FBI agent that were both carrying kimber desert warriors for their duty piece.

Ummmmm... I'll address your p.s. first.

The FBI is issues Glock 22s (or 23s, if preferred). The HRT guys have Springfield PRO models. If you came across FBI field agents with Kimbers, theyare almost certainlypersonal weapons.

Out of your choices, the H&K USP takes the cake, in my opinion... You might consider waiting for the new HK45 to come to market.

Other suggestions include, by order of preference: Sig P220, Springfield XD-45, and the Wilson which you mentioned. If the Glock fits your hand, that's great too... they are roughly equivalent to the XD-45. Since you already own a few Glocks, that might be wise choice.

molonlabetn

Agent6-3/8

imported post

I'd vote for a 1911. The trigger is unbeatable and personally, I feel plenty safe with 8+1 .45 ACP's. IMO, it says something for the platform when many elite LE and military units are using them.

marrero jeff

imported post

I personally carry a USP .45 AND IF YOU'RE GONNA USE THIS GUN FOR TACTICAL SHOOTING I DONT THINK it can be beat, especially when it comes to recoil. However, i have shot the kimber warrior and a fullsize wilson 1911 and both were excellent pistols.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
I personally carry a USP .45 AND IF YOU'RE GONNA USE THIS GUN FOR TACTICAL SHOOTING I DONT THINK it can be beat, especially when it comes to recoil. However, i have shot the kimber warrior and a fullsize wilson 1911 and both were excellent pistols.
:what:
Dude - prior to your post, the last activity on this thread was over THREE YEARS AGO. I think its a safe bet that the OP has already made his decision & purchased a .45.

Why resurrect this thread? We already know that youworship H&K & make sweet love to yourUSP .45on a nightly basis :lol: