• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun friendly theatres around?

SIGarmed229

imported post

I was just wondering what the policies of movie theatres in the fairfax, springfield area are. Such as springfield mall, fairfax corner 14, the one off of sudley rd, centerville mutiplex and if i missed some then please let me know. I really want to see Norbit! haha

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

the Regal (formerly Hoytz) off 234 is posted. Regal is known not to want your money! The Centreville multiplex was not posted last time I was there, but I have only CCd there. I tend to go there because they are close and are not posted.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've OC'd at Springfield Mall a lot, with no trouble. XDOwner, however, was asked to leave when he OC'd there. I haven't tried the theater there.

I've CC'd and OC'd at the Mt Vernon Multiplex. I've CCd at the Hoffman AMC - it's not posted, but AMC is on the gun-owner unfriendly list, so I didn't take the chance.

TEX1N

imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
the Regal (formerly Hoytz) off 234 is posted. Regal is known not to want your money! The Centreville multiplex was not posted last time I was there, but I have only CCd there. I tend to go there because they are close and are not posted.
This regal is not posted very well. I have CC'ed there multiple times before I knew that they were anti-gun. (I normally CC at theaters because a lot of them are anti's.) I would just walk through the main doors, and there were no signs on them...so I just kept going.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Kingstowne 16 is not posted - CC with don't ask don't tell gets me in everytime. Located off of S. Van Dorn St. between Franconia & Telegragh roads.

I open carry at my seat while watching movie.

rabbit994

imported post

I didn't see a sign on theatre near 66 and Sudley and I have CCed there before. However, since signage doesn't mean anything in Virginia and my care factor is about is extremely low, I've stopped looking for them. If they want me to not carry there, any sign better be at eye level with 1 inch font with notice "We like criminals and desire for them to have a safe work environment, please leave your firearm in the car."

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Tess wrote:
I've OC'd at Springfield Mall a lot, with no trouble. XDOwner, however, was asked to leave when he OC'd there. I haven't tried the theater there.

I've CC'd and OC'd at the Mt Vernon Multiplex. I've CCd at the Hoffman AMC - it's not posted, but AMC is on the gun-owner unfriendly list, so I didn't take the chance.
Hello - recently, like 6 months ago,AMC posted all the VA theaters with gun buster signs - including AMC Hoffman.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mike wrote:
Tess wrote:

Hello - recently, like 6 months ago,AMC posted all the VA theaters with gun buster signs - including AMC Hoffman.

Thanks, Mike. Shows how often I go there, eh?

But now the "how often" is "NOT".

Appreciate the info.

Flowmaster

imported post

there are 2 theatres in tysons, not far from springfield if there's no traffic on the beltway.
the Cineplex Odeon, also called tysons fairfax square, is anti gun and its posted.

the new AMC theatres in the mall is anti-gun as well.

not sure about the one in merryfield. some really gangsta stuff has gone on near/at that theatre in years past, such as the infamous machete attack where a guy got his hand chopped off while walking on the path behind the theatre. that's a place i'd wanna carry.

MarinesWife

imported post

Flowmaster wrote:
the infamous machete attack where a guy got his hand chopped off while walking on the path behind the theatre.
Some guy got his hand chopped off????

MarinesWife

imported post

That is kinda like the incident up in Maryland. A man was walking around the outside of the Towson Mall and he ended up getting stabbed repeatedly by some kid. Or, at WhiteMarsh Mall some guy wa parked inthe parking lot by the food court and shot himself in the head with his little girl in the back seat of the car...frickin' CRAZY people!!

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Didn't you know Malls and Movie Theatres are listed as "Target Rich Environments with minimal risk" in the terrorist handbook? :lol: Isn't that why we are constantly warned to be aware of our surroundins and to always have out cell phone?:banghead:

cs9c1

imported post

I have your "Movie" solution.

Do like me and go get a 60" TV, join Net Flix, sit in your nice safe (Armed) home and watch away. Not to mention that NFL football is increadible on the HDTV.

sitedzn

imported post

only a 60"? i've got a 62 now but plan to put in my own "theater" in the basement. complete with leather couches, stadium seating and 110" screen.