• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new open carrier in northern virginia

Flowmaster

imported post

in the last year i've started open carrying. i've been to the 5 guys in chantilly (intersection of 28&50, next to target), burger king at fair lakes, and the taco bell on route 7 in falls church (intersection with west st) and havn't been hassled at all.

the 5 guys in chantilly is cool. its so close to blue ridge arsenal, i'm sure they have people open carry in that place all the time. i've been there sevral times while wearing.

when i was at the burger king in fair lakes in january, the manager (maybe division manager or owner or something) was behind the counter and very well-dressed. he took my order, saw that me and my friend were both open carrying, and didn't say a word to us.

while in the taco bell on a friday night 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend (who is 5 foot 11), a big group of mclean high school kids were in there. i could tell because they were all wearing the mclean sweatsuits and other gear. as we were leaving, we passed by the group of 8 or 10 of them. one of the girls said "would you look at that girl, she's huge!" but said nothing about the 9mm on my hip.

i routinely buy gas while open carrying, whether in north arlington, mclean, or falls church. i havn't had a problem yet.

anyone in the area want to get together and open carry somewhere for lunch or dinner? i just think it'd be neat to be in a group of people who are open carrying.

MarinesWife

imported post

Just a heads up. There is a gun show at Dale City this weekend. A few of us are thinking about getting together for lunch or something if you're interested. I believe the discussion was in one of the post my husband made (SIGarmed229). I believe it was titled "anyone going to the gun show" or something along those lines. Can't remember exactly off the top of my head.

OH! btw, Welcome to OpenCarry! :exclaim:

Flowmaster

imported post

thanks for the warm welcome!
its 330AM (eastern time) on a friday morning. i'd ask what the heck you're doing on this forum, but then again, i'd have to ask myself the same question. i'm going to sleep.

i won't be attending the upcoming show, i'll be on an offroading/shooting trip.

SIGarmed229

imported post

Welcome aboard Flowmaster! You will find all kinds of information to help you out and really great stories and people here. The warmest of welcomes to ya. Im located next to lake braddock HS and i open carry anywhere I can. I'm looking to find a couple people toOC with on a normal basis. Many of my freinds do, but the more the merrier! Again Welcome