• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Galco Cop Series

Flowmaster

imported post

i recently got a Galco Cop Series holster for my ruger P95. i'm posting here just to say i really like it.

anyone else wearing this holster? its similar to the Galco Fletch and the Galco holster sold through the Ruger website, just without the Ruger logo on it.

it took a while to break in. its made from horse leather and is very firm. it works well now, but i'm still afraid it'll wear down the bluing on my slide. any reccomendations on how to keep that from happening?

SIGarmed229

imported post

The first thing I noticed is that you are a lefty as well! Awesome.

Choosing the perfect holster is one of those holy grail type deals. Its so difficult to find the perfect holster as everyone prefers different styles, materials, and companies. When I first purchased my 229 it was very difficult to find a holster that I liked among being left handed made it even harder. After doing plenty of research on holsters I started narrowing down the types of holsters i didnt want or didnt suit my needs. I find that leather tends to wear out overtime and when inserting a freshly cleaned pistol into the leather holster the residual cleaning solvents from the pistol tend to break up the leather even faster and prematurly deteriorate it from the inside out.

The holster I came to love (based on research and acually handling it) was the Blackhawk CQC serpa holster. Its got everything that I personally want in a holster. Style, comfort, positive retention, durability and the ability to adjust the cant and retention. Another great feature about it is that you can remove the paddle from the back and replace it with a normal belt loop configuration. It comes in carbon fiber or the standard black finish, made of kydex i believe.

huntingequipment.jpg

holstered.jpg

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have the Galco Cop 3-Slot for my Ruger p345. It's new and haven't worn it outside yet, just around the house (much to my wife's dismay! lol) That said, I like the fit and the ride height. I'll let you know more after this weekend!

Flowmaster

imported post

nice setups folks.:dude:

when i handled a sig at the range, the decocker (obviously set up for right-handed shooters) was akward to use considering i'm left-handed. great shooting gun either way.

the galco is comfortable? i don't find it exactly comfy, but it works.

357SigFan

imported post

The Blackhawk CQC looks like a nice holster, but it really doesn't seem like it would bevery concealable. You guys have any input? I have a DeSantis holster that is a lot like the Galco above that keeps my weapon close to my body, wheras the CQC looks like it would be a bit farther away.

cs9c1

imported post

Icarry in my CQC almost everyday, It is very adjustable. Right now I am using the paddle attachment (going from uniform and civvies allot). I have used the belt attachment allot. You can cant it forward and back and the belt attachment works with many belts.

I am bias due to hating thumb breaks.:p

bayboy42

imported post

357SigFan - You are correct, the Blackhawk CQC holster doesnt seem like it would be very concealable, its not and its not meant to be. None-the-less, its a great holster for OC!!! I'm sure concealability is a relative term that means different things to different people and depends on personal preference....with that said, in my opinion, the Galco Cop Series isn't a holster suitable for concealed carry either.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
357SigFan - You are correct, the Blackhawk CQC holster doesnt seem like it would be very concealable, its not and its not meant to be. None-the-less, its a great holster for OC!!! I'm sure concealability is a relative term that means different things to different people and depends on personal preference....with that said, in my opinion, the Galco Cop Series isn't a holster suitable for concealed carry either.

Well, I LOVE my Galco cop 3-slot and it's very comfortable. I e-mailed Blackhawk to see if they were planning on a Serpa CQC for my Ruger P345 but they're not. I would have loved to have a paddle style just for OC.

Damn the bad luck...."Honey, I need a new gun now!".......

cs9c1

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Well, I LOVE my Galco cop 3-slot and it's very comfortable. I e-mailed Blackhawk to see if they were planning on a Serpa CQC for my Ruger P345 but they're not. I would have loved to have a paddle style just for OC.

Damn the bad luck...."Honey, I need a new gun now!".......
My CQC came with both paddle and belt attachments. Belt attachment is more secure but the paddle speeds up changing clothes.

bayboy42

imported post

"Well, I LOVE my Galco cop 3-slot and it's very comfortable."

BobCav - I never said that the Galco Cop series wasn't comfortable or that people shouldn't like it. Just that in my opinion, it isn't a holster suitable for concealed carry based on my own personal preference (i.e. I can't think of the last time I went somewhere without my shirt tucked in, thus making the Galco cop serious not suitable for concealed carry).

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
"Well, I LOVE my Galco cop 3-slot and it's very comfortable."

BobCav - I never said that the Galco Cop series wasn't comfortable or that people shouldn't like it. Just that in my opinion, it isn't a holster suitable for concealed carry based on my own personal preference (i.e. I can't think of the last time I went somewhere without my shirt tucked in, thus making the Galco cop serious not suitable for concealed carry).
bayboy42, it would be horrible for CC, I agree.Sorry, I didn't mean it to come across like that. The word LOVE was all caps only in emphasis, not to contrast what you had said, not one bit. I just wish there was morechoices for my Ruger. I've heard that the SIG 2009 will fit, so time to go trying some on!

bayboy42

imported post

Strong Copy Bobcav!! Seriously, you gotta get another gun just so you can tryout one of those Blackhawk CCQ holsters :lol: Best holster I purchased to date (for OC at least). I'll have mine on Monday in Manassas.:lol:

KodiakISGOOD

imported post

i really like my galco cop series....i will say this: it is more comfortable than my treo 700p

just a little friendly fyi.......im really tough on stuff!

Attachments

• PDR_0205.JPG
    PDR_0205.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,381

psychophipps

imported post

The Galco COP 3-slot holster is horrible for CC? Huh...guess my carrying my 1st-gen G17 with it for months now is a fluke then. Never been noticed, never had an issue and it's very comfy even in the car. The main issue with using it for CCW is that you can't run around in a t-shirt and jeans with it, which to me is a non-issue now that I've discovered the joys of a nice multi-pocket vest to carry all my stuff with.

Of course it's not as good as your VMII IWB for shorts-n-t-shirt wear, it's not designed for it... :banghead:
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )