Thread: Pro Mag

Post imported post

Can anyone give me a review of Pro-Mag magazines? How is quality & reliability?
    We're looking at some 10 rounders for Kahr 9mm pistols.

Post imported post

I have 4 15 round mags for my SIG P228 and they've worked fine. Never had a jam or misfire with them

Post imported post

I just spent $200.00 on high cap mags that are factory to my make. Hardly anyone had anything good to say about Pro Mag. I even asked them to post why they felt the way the did. Honestly, I have heard this for quite some time, guess I had to ask myself.......
    http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56078

They are alot cheaper, but I don't feel good about questioning myself, are they going to work correctly?

Post imported post

Tactical45 wrote:
    I just spent $200.00 on high cap mags that are factory to my make. Hardly anyone had anything good to say about Pro Mag. I even asked them to post why they felt the way the did. Honestly, I have heard this for quite some time, guess I had to ask myself.......
    http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56078

They are alot cheaper, but I don't feel good about questioning myself, are they going to work correctly?
    I have only bought one 10 round pro mag. It miss fed until it had only 3 rounds in it. I returned pro mag & bought factory mag. End of problem. I do not ever intend to buy pro mag products again. You can check Midway USA for ratings & more info.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

IMO and experience, there are only TWO choices when it come to spare magazines for one's handgun:

1. Get the magazine your gun manufacturer uses, i.e., branded with your gun maker's name on it (aFACTORY mag, not aftermarket).

OR

2. If aftermarket, get a Mec-Gar magazine (which, BTW, is a company thatoften producesmags for the major gun makers).

I haven't heard much good aboutANY other third-party/aftermarket magazine maker, including ProMag.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)