• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro Mag

pkbites

imported post

Can anyone give me a review of Pro-Mag magazines? How is quality & reliability?
We're looking at some 10 rounders for Kahr 9mm pistols.

shutter

imported post

I have 4 15 round mags for my SIG P228 and they've worked fine. Never had a jam or misfire with them

Tactical45

imported post

I just spent $200.00 on high cap mags that are factory to my make. Hardly anyone had anything good to say about Pro Mag. I even asked them to post why they felt the way the did. Honestly, I have heard this for quite some time, guess I had to ask myself.......
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56078

They are alot cheaper, but I don't feel good about questioning myself, are they going to work correctly?

techchi68

imported post

Tactical45 wrote:
I just spent $200.00 on high cap mags that are factory to my make. Hardly anyone had anything good to say about Pro Mag. I even asked them to post why they felt the way the did. Honestly, I have heard this for quite some time, guess I had to ask myself.......
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56078

They are alot cheaper, but I don't feel good about questioning myself, are they going to work correctly?

I have only bought one 10 round pro mag. It miss fed until it had only 3 rounds in it. I returned pro mag & bought factory mag. End of problem. I do not ever intend to buy pro mag products again. You can check Midway USA for ratings & more info.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

IMO and experience, there are only TWO choices when it come to spare magazines for one's handgun:

1. Get the magazine your gun manufacturer uses, i.e., branded with your gun maker's name on it (aFACTORY mag, not aftermarket).

OR

2. If aftermarket, get a Mec-Gar magazine (which, BTW, is a company thatoften producesmags for the major gun makers).

I haven't heard much good aboutANY other third-party/aftermarket magazine maker, including ProMag.

-- John D.