• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More search warrant/SWAT atrocities

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4551704.html
http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/02/17/another-swat-team-outrage/

A Wharton police officer shot and killed a 17-year-old Tuesday while executing a search warrant for narcotics at the teen's home, officials say.

Daniel J. Castillo died about 1:30 p.m. at John Sealy Hospital, said Becky Ivy, a spokeswoman for the Wharton County District Attorney's Office.

The shooting occurred at 9:30 a.m. as members of the Wharton County District Attorney Narcotics Task Force, Wharton Police Department Emergency Response Team and the Wharton County Sheriff's Office Star Team assisted in the execution of the warrant.

ProtectMd

imported post

Im guessing the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) were not home at the time they booted in the door.

I would imagine that the surveillence they had running on the place knew when the moms/pops would be home?

Did they choose to kick in the door because there were no parents there?

What kind of prior history did this kid have that warranted a swat team to go to the house?

Everyone should remember this next time you leave your kids home alone at your house.... the things that are REALLY going on while your gone!