Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Tidewater OCDO folks..

Post imported post

From the Manassas Incident THread:

Now that we're all on the same page, anybody from the Tidewater area interested in riding up to Manassas for the Council meeting on the 26th?
    Desertdoc, Danbus, Dutch, MsgtB, Chet, anyone? Budget has minivans for $60.94 per day....thats $10 per person if we can get at least six of us....I'll make the arrangements.....doesn't get any easier then that!

BUDGET HAS AN ONLINE SPECIAL THIS MONTH....$2.73 more and we can drive an Expedition

So far, BubbaRon has signed up, that means we need 4-5 more to fill up the SUV. I figure we need to leave the tidewater area around 2-2:30. I need to make reservations NLT Tuesday of this week but I'm not going to make reservations until I have at least 5 people total. If we can only get 4 together total, I may just drive my wife's Explorer (wait to she reads this post ).

Assclown t-shirts welcome.

Post imported post

Nice to see folks from elsewhere in the Dominion coming up for this. It's nice to let localities know that what they do echoes across the state.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I will go. If we only have 4 or less I will volunteer my M5. Then we just split the fuel costs.

Post imported post

Strong-Copy Reverend. Right now we are at 3.5 (Kimbercarrier is a possibility-he will advise early in the week).

Its the least we can do Tomahawk....heck us down here in the TIdewater area kinda feel bad about it.....the last get together we had was 16 people, 12 of which I think were open carrying and nobody batted an eyelash at us

Post imported post

I look forward to meeting y'all next Monday. Maybe if there is timebefore or afterthe meeting, we can gather somewhere to have some fellowship. Proud to be an assclown.

Desertdoc

Post imported post

Now i have to say... Im very proud to be an ass clown. With being from CA i grew up with almost no rights to carry or any other right to have a gun. I have served in the military to protect the rights of others for 8 long years. Im proud to be part of a group that fights for our rights right here at home. I will make every attempt to make it on this road trip. I will know for sure by Tuesday.

Post imported post

Hey maybe would could print up some bussiness cards saying "Certified Ass Clown by the Manasses Po lice Department.

Post imported post

kimber,

That is funny...

Post imported post

I have a bad feeling about what the next batch of OCDO merchandise is gonna look like...

Post imported post

When I saw that VCDL was going to be at the council meeting I immediately thought "I'll be there". Then realized that I'd be working in Atlanta that week.

I hope that VCDL is able to make a strong showing at this council meeting to do just what others have posted. To show that when law abiding citizens are harassed it resonates throughout the state.

Is anyone planning on taking video or voice recordings? I'll be watching the boards from my hotel room for after action reports.

Post imported post

My wife and I will be there.

DC

Post imported post

I would surely love to go with you all, but I have that recurrent, aggravating circumstance called work, which unfortunately runs right through that day, and I'll be coming off a weekend on call as well.

The business cards sound great, but I would also suggest getting some of the "Hello, my name is:" lapel stickers, and putting in "Ass Clown" or "F'ing tard".

In any event, I'll be there in spirit. Give 'em hell!

Post imported post

bayboy42 - How we doing on signups? Has a meeting place and departing time been decided for our adventure to Manassas on Monday?

I just read, in a VCDL VA-ALERT, that Philip says he won't be speaking until 7:30 PM and he would like for us to show up around 7 PM. Maybe leaving around 4 PM will allow more folks to join us....

Post imported post

Allright folks, heres where we stand...

Unless I'm missing somebody, the following folks are a solid yes:
    Desertdoc
    bayboy42
    Bubba Ron
    Reverend73

A total of four. So if Reverend's gracious offer to drive is still open, I don't see any need to rent a vehicle. I did see that Philip won't speak until 7:30. I guess it takes about 3 hours to get there from our area. I know nothing about traffic along the route to get up there so can't offer a good time to leave. Two folks are from VA Beach, 1 from portsmouth, and 1 from the York County Line. If the two VA Beach folks want to meet up and then pick up DesertDoc somewhere convenient, then I can meet yall right off the interstate up this way. Guess we first need confirmation that Reverend's offer is still on the table....What say you Reverend?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

My offer still stands. I say we leave at 4pm or 1600 for you military types. Once we get thru the tunnel traffic shouldn't be too bad. I work at the Naval Station Annex very close to NAB you guys tell me where you would like to meet and I will accommodate.

Post imported post

Mapquest shows 3 hours and 23 minutes from VA Beach. Never ridden with ya Reverend but I think if yall left at 4, that might be cutting it close. Would 3 be an issue?

Post imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
    My offer still stands. I say we leave at 4pm or 1600 for you military types. Once we get thru the tunnel traffic shouldn't be too bad. I work at the Naval Station Annex very close to NAB you guys tell me where you would like to meet and I will accommodate.
    Rev,

I can meet you atthe Norfolk Main Navy Exchange, say in the Exchange Parking lot directly across from the Movie theater (more open parking) at 3:30PM on Monday. That way DesertDoc can meet us there also (no base sticker involved). Then we can pick up bayboy42 somewhere just off I-64 on the Peninsula. This will also give us a little cushion for our trip. Does this work for everyone?

Post imported post

Works fine for me. I was thinking I could meet yall at the Wal-Mart right off I-64 on Jefferson Avenue (across from Patrick Henry Airport). If yall leave at 3:30, I'd expect you'd make it to the Wal-Mart by 4.

Post imported post

Where did the Rev go? A large error on my part was the choice of parking lot, you don't want to be carrying there - any suggestions for another, equally accessable meeting place?

Desertdoc

Post imported post

I dont know which way you want to head up there since i dont really know where it is. The Walmart or Ruby Tuesdays Parking lot on College Blv. would be easy. Its right next to the Freeway and the entrance to the Tunnel. That and our cars would be safe at the walmart parking lot until we got back

Post imported post

Hi Desertdoc, since Reverend73 has offered his vehicle, and he'll be at the Naval Station Annex near NAB,I think we should meet closer to where he is - then go through the HRBT and pick up bayboy42 at the Walmart off ofI-64, Exit 255 in Newport News.

ButReverend73 still hasn't surfaced yet??? Can anyone give him a call? He probably knows a better place for the two of us to meet him in that area of Norfolk.

Maybe it would be easier if weall just show up at the Walmart (with bayboy42) off of I-64, Exit 255 in Newport News at 4PM - and leave from there.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Sorry ive been real busy at work the past two days. Anyway, i think the main exchange is fine. Just cc and everything will be fine. We wont be there long anyways. For the record, i've made it to D.C. in 2hrs 40min flat before Also, I've pm'ed everyone my number who said they were going.

Post imported post

Just so I'm clear, shoudl I still plan on being at the Walmart off of I-64, Exit 255 in Newport News at 4PM? I'll be in a Red Chevrolet truck and I'll park out by the Goodwill drop off sheds.

Desertdoc

Post imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
    Hi Desertdoc, since Reverend73 has offered his vehicle, and he'll be at the Naval Station Annex near NAB,I think we should meet closer to where he is - then go through the HRBT and pick up bayboy42 at the Walmart off ofI-64, Exit 255 in Newport News.

Im up to meeting anywhere. Like it said i dont know how to get there. I was just throwing a place out since you sounded like you where against the NEX. I dont see a problem with meeting up there. Its not like we are going to go hang out. Where are we going to meet? Isnt there an Applebees's in the next parking lot. I dont think that is gov. property. They couldnt say anything about ius being armed. Im looking forward to this. I should be fun.

Post imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
    Bubba Ron wrote:

Im up to meeting anywhere. Like it said i dont know how to get there. I was just throwing a place out since you sounded like you where against the NEX. I dont see a problem with meeting up there. Its not like we are going to go hang out. Where are we going to meet? Isnt there an Applebees's in the next parking lot. I dont think that is gov. property. They couldnt say anything about ius being armed. Im looking forward to this. I should be fun.
    I spoke with the Reverend last night, he said he PM'd you too. He suggested we meet at 3:30 PM in theNEX parking lot across from the movie theater (near Applebees). Then we'll go find bayboy - and on to Manassas!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast