• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling all Tidewater OCDO folks..

bayboy42

imported post

[sub]From the Manassas Incident THread:

[/sub]Now that we're all on the same page, anybody from the Tidewater area interested in riding up to Manassas for the Council meeting on the 26th?
Desertdoc, Danbus, Dutch, MsgtB, Chet, anyone? Budget has minivans for $60.94 per day....thats $10 per person if we can get at least six of us....I'll make the arrangements.....doesn't get any easier then that!

BUDGET HAS AN ONLINE SPECIAL THIS MONTH....$2.73 more and we can drive an Expedition:lol:

So far, BubbaRon has signed up, that means we need 4-5 more to fill up the SUV. I figure we need to leave the tidewater area around 2-2:30. I need to make reservations NLT Tuesday of this week but I'm not going to make reservations until I have at least 5 people total. If we can only get 4 together total, I may just drive my wife's Explorer (wait to she reads this post :lol:).

Assclown t-shirts welcome.

bayboy42

imported post

Strong-Copy Reverend. Right now we are at 3.5 (Kimbercarrier is a possibility-he will advise early in the week).

Its the least we can do Tomahawk....heck us down here in the TIdewater area kinda feel bad about it.....the last get together we had was 16 people, 12 of which I think were open carrying and nobody batted an eyelash at us:lol:

rebfan

imported post

I look forward to meeting y'all next Monday. Maybe if there is timebefore or afterthe meeting, we can gather somewhere to have some fellowship. Proud to be an assclown.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Now i have to say... Im very proud to be an ass clown. With being from CA i grew up with almost no rights to carry or any other right to have a gun. I have served in the military to protect the rights of others for 8 long years. Im proud to be part of a group that fights for our rights right here at home. I will make every attempt to make it on this road trip. I will know for sure by Tuesday.

Dan0076

imported post

When I saw that VCDL was going to be at the council meeting I immediately thought "I'll be there". Then realized that I'd be working in Atlanta that week.

I hope that VCDL is able to make a strong showing at this council meeting to do just what others have posted. To show that when law abiding citizens are harassed it resonates throughout the state.

Is anyone planning on taking video or voice recordings? I'll be watching the boards from my hotel room for after action reports.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I would surely love to go with you all, but I have that recurrent, aggravating circumstance called work, which unfortunately runs right through that day, and I'll be coming off a weekend on call as well.

The business cards sound great, but I would also suggest getting some of the "Hello, my name is:" lapel stickers, and putting in "Ass Clown" or "F'ing tard".

In any event, I'll be there in spirit. Give 'em hell!

Bubba Ron

imported post

bayboy42 - How we doing on signups? Has a meeting place and departing time been decided for our adventure to Manassas on Monday?

I just read, in a VCDL VA-ALERT, that Philip says he won't be speaking until 7:30 PM and he would like for us to show up around 7 PM. Maybe leaving around 4 PM will allow more folks to join us....

bayboy42

imported post

Allright folks, heres where we stand...

Unless I'm missing somebody, the following folks are a solid yes:
Desertdoc
bayboy42
Bubba Ron
Reverend73

A total of four. So if Reverend's gracious offer to drive is still open, I don't see any need to rent a vehicle. I did see that Philip won't speak until 7:30. I guess it takes about 3 hours to get there from our area. I know nothing about traffic along the route to get up there so can't offer a good time to leave. Two folks are from VA Beach, 1 from portsmouth, and 1 from the York County Line. If the two VA Beach folks want to meet up and then pick up DesertDoc somewhere convenient, then I can meet yall right off the interstate up this way. Guess we first need confirmation that Reverend's offer is still on the table....What say you Reverend?

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My offer still stands. I say we leave at 4pm or 1600 for you military types;). Once we get thru the tunnel traffic shouldn't be too bad. I work at the Naval Station Annex very close to NAB you guys tell me where you would like to meet and I will accommodate.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
My offer still stands. I say we leave at 4pm or 1600 for you military types;). Once we get thru the tunnel traffic shouldn't be too bad. I work at the Naval Station Annex very close to NAB you guys tell me where you would like to meet and I will accommodate.
Rev,

I can meet you atthe Norfolk Main Navy Exchange, say in the Exchange Parking lot directly across from the Movie theater (more open parking) at 3:30PM on Monday. That way DesertDoc can meet us there also (no base sticker involved). Then we can pick up bayboy42 somewhere just off I-64 on the Peninsula. This will also give us a little cushion for our trip. Does this work for everyone?

bayboy42

imported post

Works fine for me. I was thinking I could meet yall at the Wal-Mart right off I-64 on Jefferson Avenue (across from Patrick Henry Airport). If yall leave at 3:30, I'd expect you'd make it to the Wal-Mart by 4.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Where did the Rev go? A large error on my part was the choice of parking lot, you don't want to be carrying there - any suggestions for another, equally accessable meeting place?

D

Desertdoc

imported post

I dont know which way you want to head up there since i dont really know where it is. The Walmart or Ruby Tuesdays Parking lot on College Blv. would be easy. Its right next to the Freeway and the entrance to the Tunnel. That and our cars would be safe at the walmart parking lot until we got back