• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Central VA OCDO Dinner

DeadCenter

imported post

Well I guess I have to ask if there would be interest in a monthly dinner in the culpeper/orange/madison/warrenton area. The tidewater get together seems to have grown a lot. Maybe this will work for those who have trouble going to the NOVA dinners due to distance and time.

If there is interest please suggest eating locations that are gun friendly.

Thanks

DC

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We'd love to join you from time to time if it's on a weekend. Weeknights are too difficult given distances and schedules.

casullshooter

imported post

I should be in that area later this week , I'll stop by and look for posting . If we ask in advance it gives them time to think about it and say no over the phone (if called) which is easier to do than with paying customers at the door .

DeadCenter

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
I should be in that area later this week , I'll stop by and look for posting . If we ask in advance it gives them time to think about it and say no over the phone (if called) which is easier to do than with paying customers at the door .

OK - Let me know. I see there has not been a NOVA dinner scheduled. Unless I missed it. Maybe if we go here for lunch / dinner, some of our northern friends will come down.

DC

IanB

imported post

The last Nova OCDO "eatup" was Saturday Mar 31 at Five Guys in Chantilly.

mlands

imported post

I would be willing to go to the meet-up. It would only be a 45 minute trip for me. If possiblecheck and see that there are no company policies againstcarryingso we don't gethassle or :what:from the mangement.Thanks forthe invite.

DeadCenter

imported post

mlands wrote:
I would be willing to go to the meet-up. It would only be a 45 minute trip for me. If possiblecheck and see that there are no company policies againstcarryingso we don't gethassle or :what:from the mangement.Thanks forthe invite.

casullshooter- mentioned he may get by there to check the doors-- we will keep you posted.

DC

casullshooter

imported post

Stopped by the "Outback" in Warrenton(located on U.S. Rt. 29), no posting inside or outside . I did not engage anyone there about gun policies as this would give them time to/opportunity to say no in advance . If approaching from the South the restaurant is on the right aprox 1/4 mi. past the 7-11 and immediately past/beside Starbucks . Approaching from the North , TL at the light between the Ford dealership and the BP station then cut through the BP parking lot . If for some reason they do turn us away I know we can OC @ McMahon's Irish Restaurant/Pub . I know the Owner and managers personally and the food is OUTSTANDING . The restaurant(Outback) is in Faquier County , not in Warrenton town limits .

I sent an e-mail to Outbacks' "contact us" section of their website about carry in general (I did mention VA but not a specific location) . The site promised a quick reply but I am betting this one gets kicked to the topfloor corner office for a reply . I will post their response .