• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's Official: Bad Guys Don't Wear holsters and/or open carry!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Instinctively we know that bad guys have an incentive to avoid holsters - being found at or near a crime scene wearing a holster (and no gun) leads to greater srutiny. This report confirms this, and indicates that bad guys avoid open carry as well - and sometimes use female companions as gun toting mules.

---------------------

From Force Science News: http://tinyurl.com/3coogp

NEW FINDINGS FROM FBI ABOUT COP ATTACKERS & THEIR WEAPONS

New findings on how offenders train with, carry and deploy the weapons
they use to attack police officers have emerged in a just-published,
5-year study by the FBI.

Among other things, the data reveal that most would-be cop killers:

. . .

CONCEALMENT.

The offenders said they most often hid guns on their person in the
front waistband, with the groin area and the small of the back nearly
tied for second place. Some occasionally gave their weapons to another
person to carry, "most often a female companion." None regularly used
a holster
, and about 40% at least sometimes carried a backup weapon.

. . .

Because they eschew holsters, offenders reported frequently touching a
concealed gun with hands or arms "to assure themselves that it is
still hidden, secure and accessible" and hasn't shifted. Such gestures
are especially noticeable "whenever individuals change body positions,
such as standing, sitting or exiting a vehicle." If they run, they may
need to keep a constant grip on a hidden gun to control it.

. . .

NOTE: For new findings from the FBI researchers about highly dangerous
suicide-by-cop confrontations, read the exclusive 2-part report by
Force Science Research Center board member Chuck Remsberg at:

http://www.policeone.com//suicide-by-cop/articles/1195055/

presbyreformed

imported post

Yeah, I read this from VCDL. Wow! Very revealing as to how street criminals think and plan. It's chilling to think that there are people walking the streets that have no moral compunction against killing other people.

When we are out with our families, we must be vigilant and never let our guard down... Having a gun is not enough, just ask the wounded police officers... We can't think that just because we are now armed that we are immune. Being armed is only one part of the equation. Being watchful and being knowledgeable about what to actually do in situations is the other part of the equation.

vega480

imported post

I have read the whole articel on another site, but the one thing I though was funny was where they were talking about who carried their guns, men would somtimes have their girl carry them before and after crimes, but women never had anyone else carry theirs.

swatpro911

imported post

I agree that criminals wiil do anything to stay away from authority and always want to get them by suprise attacts and thats only way for them to hurt officers. When I go after fugitive wether its minor or major you never underestimate the power of the enemy. Their skin color may be different, tactics may differbut they all got the same thing in common guts and brain. They know what they are up to...even if they act dumb or foolish. Those who has nothing to hide will not be embrassed or in fear to display his gun. Proper holster is always better. Propper attire is always recognized and suggested atleast neat and casual look! :) If you are minding your own business and displaying ur weapon in good holster and in good normal casual look then u probably wud not be even questioned by the cops. (hint)

swat