Thread: Attention NOVA people, I may get a pistol soon

Post imported post

I am in MD and I may get my first pistol ever very soon next week. I also have wanted to hang out in NOVA for a bit. Anyways how often are the NOVA OC'ers meeting up? Anyone want to grab a bite? I love wings. I am also new to firearms so meeting up with some other gun owners will help me out in learning. I hardly know any gun friendly people here in MD.

Post imported post

You can come by the VCDL meeting tomorrow night, we always eat out afterwards. Check vcdl.org for meeting place and time.

Post imported post

the VCDL people seem cool, but i've never met any of them.

some people were planning to go to the dale city gun show together, but that's all i've heard of recently.

Post imported post

VCDL membership is the best $15 you'll ever spend if you live in or frequent the Old Dominion.

edit: typo

Post imported post

The VCDL meeting is at the Mason District Governmental Center. It is located at:

6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003

Directions here:

The meeting starts at 8:00 pm and runs until 9:30 pm. No doubt we will hear quite a bit about the results of the VA legislative session that is wrapping up. We then break and most of us go over to the nearby Fudruckers. Since they serve alcohol, concealed carry is prohibited, open carry is required.

A little info for a first timer, the Mason District Governmental Center is a police station. They are, however, very used to seeing us open carry during our meetings. Keep your gun fully exposed and in the holster and you'll have no problems, or carry concealed if you have a valid permit.

Check out the VCDL web site: http://www.vcdl.org

Be sure to sign up for VA-Alert, VCDL's second amendment email news for VA residents and visitors. The sign up link is just about 8 inches from the top of the home page.

By all means, come to the meeting and bring friends. Welcome to Virginia!