• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ask LEO a question

Individualist

imported post

Marine dad wrote:
i agree totally, and while we all like to quote the founding fathers about the "tree of liberty", "those giving up freedom for security deserve neither", and all the rest, the sad fact is that most of us are not willing to defend our freedoms to the death, while the majority of leo's won't hesistate to use whatever force needed to usurp those same rights if they feel the need to do so.
New Orleans this summer, 80+ year old lady protecting herself, her dogs and home with a .22 pistol ........ a red squirrel would have said bring it granny ... :lol: ..... and she was tackled likeit was aRandy vs.Chuck UFC title matchfor doing something "legal". Those bastards took everything from that women... This "I am the law" and "someone said I could " mentality is where the disconnect is in America.

If you had done that grapto me.... I'd put the knuckles to you or I would have shot you for it.........and if Ilived from the"I am the Law" shootings, what would I have had for a "defence"?This is where Member dad is 100% right, if we do it,defend our life, liberty andproperty.....even "legally"its anall or nothing act.

Now, I will apologize to LEO229, as he is in here kindly giving his advice and knowledge. I do not mean any disrepect to you.I appreciateyour time and effort.

LEO 229

imported post

Individualist wrote:
Now, I was not referring tospeeding tickets,DUI, domestic violence, child abuse armed robbery etc......... thats what are men & women in blueare for and do a fantastic job I might add......... but thats not whereI seethe break happening.

straight talk......... we ownfirearms to protect ourselves from criminals and that can and has includedour own government and officals.I was respectfully, I hope, looking for insight to our present state of disconnect. The militarization of our (their) police forces are not in response to an increase in violent crimesfrom the American people...... At least I don't see it. But because of thisUN/globalist elite/one world governmentagenda, I see road blocks being thrown up like drift nets onsalmon runs ........ guilty until proven innocent ...... warrentless search & seizures .......... against the 4th I might add.

The United States of America is a now a police state.Half of me feelsorry for the LEO's, because they do have a job to do, andwe/theycan become numb to the stresses and forget what its really all about. HOWEVER, my other half see's a group of individuals blindly following "orders" and don't really give a hoot what damage is being done to this country or to the American society.

You see those videos on google and youtube and your blood boils. You see the overwhelming force and brutality against peopleasking questions of policy, or demonstrating at a WTO gathering and you are treated as a "domestic terrorist/ insergent.

I would like to think that ifour government stupidlyrepeated history, that I wouldbe able to stand side by side with a LEO, to protect the soveriegnty and freedoms of our country andour people against tyranny.

Hitler gained power not because he was a powerful man....... he was just a man. But people blindlyfollowed him and for what ?........ is your fellow man really that much of a threat to you if you allow him theRIGHT TO BE FREE, same as you deserve.

"there is no spoon" :idea:......:idea:...:idea:........:banghead:

As with anything else...... you will never see all the good stuff a LEO does on YouTube...... You are getting the small number of stuff gathered over the years. The bad part is you start to think it is what happens daily.

It poisons the mind

Think about it... what if I collected all the video of Asians committing crimes and showed it to you....you would start hating Asians. There are more good than bad.... but you will see the bad for hours.

Why it is so interesting to see cops going too far and cops that do something good so boring?? Because people hardlyever see a cop doing a real bad thing.

The videos are the few that make the whole look bad.

LEO 229

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
OK, time for a topic that shouldn't lead to much controversy... LEO229, you've posted before about purchasing/owning NFA (class 3?) weapons, so maybe you'll have some insite here, even though this isn't a generaly LEO specific question...

Why is it, that I can have a handgun with a 10" barrel, no problem, but a rifle with a <16" barrel is such a terrible, dangerous thing that it's an NFA weapon?!?!

The same reason you cannot add afore grip to your pistol without registering it.

Some crackpot figured it was a good idea.

Some of the laws make no sense. Most of the time I can figure it out.. but not in this case.

LEO 229

imported post

para_org wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
para_org wrote:
Yeah....basically the motorist merely asked questions directly based on (his) confusion. Somehow that was/is being interpreted as attitude. That and his feeling a need to record things.

All of which seems quite one-sided to me. Giving ANY credence to this supposed attitude certainly would fail a Terry test. SO.... I am taking the position that ANY cop that discusses a motorist asking such simple questions (based on (possible) confusion) as displaying "an attitude" undoubtably has "an attitude" of his own to address.

And I rather think many of you all would agree too.

As for the recording of a traffic stop by a motorist as displaying anything of merit I would suggest the cops just get over it, as they ALSO record as a matter of course these days. <- Is this too simple for some people here to grasp ?
I guess I have an attitude. Sorry be being observant and open minded. Many people on here are too scared to speak their mind for fear of being flamed so they just go with the flow. I call it like I see it.

In regards to him recording his every driving minute...your basically telling me to get over it? I appreciate that. I only mentioned that this type of activity is highly unusual.
O.K.... on the "call it like I see it." ... I give you points for being forthright about your opinions. Please do NOT appologize for being observant, but rather PLEASE be careful on how you react to what you observe is all I ask.

As for the recording; in HIS case it is NOT unusual. He had, in the recent past, been assaulted by a drunk and disorderly off duty cop and for his trouble was arrested and charged with an offense. Fortunately for him the grand jury saw through the whole mess and refused to turn him over for prosecution.

It was enough of a mess for the St. Louis area police to have offered an out-of-court settlement for his trouble. I think if he had been given a chance to explain why he records traffic stops ALMOST ANYONE would/should understand.

Kewl... I see where he got the money to buy the camera! :lol:

I have opinions like everyone else... Many may not like them but they are mine. I know they will not be taken well and I should be given credit for not "Going with the program" and saying or doing what just makes others happy.

I am always willing to hear people out but you should never force your ideas or opinions on others. This means nothing if they change their mind and just agree with you.

LEO 229

imported post

para_org wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:
para_org wrote:
Yeah....basically the motorist merely asked questions directly based on (his) confusion. Somehow that was/is being interpreted as attitude. That and his feeling a need to record things.

All of which seems quite one-sided to me. Giving ANY credence to this supposed attitude certainly would fail a Terry test. SO.... I am taking the position that ANY cop that discusses a motorist asking such simple questions (based on (possible) confusion) as displaying "an attitude" undoubtably has "an attitude" of his own to address.

And I rather think many of you all would agree too.

As for the recording of a traffic stop by a motorist as displaying anything of merit I would suggest the cops just get over it, as they ALSO record as a matter of course these days. <- Is this too simple for some people here to grasp ?
I guess I have an attitude. Sorry be being observant and open minded. Many people on here are too scared to speak their mind for fear of being flamed so they just go with the flow. I call it like I see it.

In regards to him recording his every driving minute...your basically telling me to get over it? I appreciate that. I only mentioned that this type of activity is highly unusual.
O.K.... on the "call it like I see it." ... I give you points for being forthright about your opinions. Please do NOT appologize for being observant, but rather PLEASE be careful on how you react to what you observe is all I ask.

As for the recording; in HIS case it is NOT unusual. He had, in the recent past, been assaulted by a drunk and disorderly off duty cop and for his trouble was arrested and charged with an offense. Fortunately for him the grand jury saw through the whole mess and refused to turn him over for prosecution.

It was enough of a mess for the St. Louis area police to have offered an out-of-court settlement for his trouble. I think if he had been given a chance to explain why he records traffic stops ALMOST ANYONE would/should understand.

Kewl... I see where he got the money to but the camera! :lol:

I have opinions like everyone else... Many may not like them but they are mine. I know they will not be taken well and I should be given credit for not "Going with the program" and saying or doing what just makes others happy.

I am always willing to hear people out but you should never force your ideas or opinions on others. This means nothing if they change their mind and just agree with you.

LEO 229

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
After seeing the missouri video and reading about other incidents in norfolk and manassas I'm going to have to start giving more creadance to those who complain that the police are harrassing and bullying them.

Just because you have a badge does not automaticly make you a good guy,I will err on the cautious side,as one bad cop can ruin my life and who is gonna believe a peaceable citizen.

And yes I know not all cops are like this, but the few who are make it difficult for ALL of US.
Remember that much of the video you see of bad officers has been collected over time. There are far more good cops out there.

LEO 229

imported post

marine dad wrote:
individualist stated;

"straight talk......... we ownfirearms to protect ourselves from criminals and that can and has includedour own government and officals.I was respectfully, I hope, looking for insight to our present state of disconnect. The militarization of our (their) police forces are not in response to an increase in violent crimesfrom the American people...... At least I don't see it. But because of thisUN/globalist elite/one world governmentagenda, I see road blocks being thrown up like drift nets onsalmon runs ........ guilty until proven innocent ...... warrentless search & seizures .......... against the 4th I might add.

The United States of America is a now a police state.Half of me feelsorry for the LEO's, because they do have a job to do, andwe/theycan become numb to the stresses and forget what its really all about. HOWEVER, my other half see's a group of individuals blindly following "orders" and don't really give a hoot what damage is being done to this country or to the American society. "

i agree totally, and while we all like to quote the founding fathers about the "tree of liberty", "those giving up freedom for security deserve neither", and all the rest, the sad fact is that most of us are not willing to defend our freedoms to the death, while the majority of leo's won't hesistate to use whatever force needed to usurp those same rights if they feel the need to do so.

If we are a police state... I do not see the police going after the good people when we have so many bad people to catch.

In regards to having arms to fight off the government... I think David in Waco had the same idea.... But that is another story.

The bad part is that some people do feel that strongly againstthe government and when we go to their door to evict them for not paying rent.. they pull out their gun to keep us at bay. In their mind.. they are right and the government is oppressing them.

They do not see that they are being evicted and cheating the landlord out of money.

LEOs completing a simple task that is harmless end up getting killed over it.

wsweeks2

imported post

If the evicition is the result of a civil matter, why are LEO's getting involved? I've always wondered that. It's a matter of money or the lack thereof being paid for land/property use.

LEO 229

imported post

wsweeks2 wrote:
If the evicition is the result of a civil matter, why are LEO's getting involved? I've always wondered that. It's a matter of money or the lack thereof being paid for land/property use.
It is civil but the courts get involved to decide.

The judge can then order the person to leave and the Sheriff's office makes sure that judges order is carried out.

The landlord cannot put his hands on the tenant or that would be assault. This is where the sheriff's office comes in and "helps" the person leave.

wsweeks2

imported post

I guess I fail to see how it is assault when someone fails to vacate property that is not theirs. Thanks for the response.

LEO 229

imported post

wsweeks2 wrote:
I guess I fail to see how it is assault when someone fails to vacate property that is not theirs. Thanks for the response.

The unwanted touching no matter how insignificant can be viewed as an assault.....

Believe me.... I have seen some people cry from being brushed against... :lol:

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, I know that if you're a landlord, you , generally, have keys to the property, but can't, except under a few special circumstances, enter the property uninvited by the tennant. But, if there's a legal eviction order in place, can you legally enter the property when the tennant is out and change the locks?

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Leo,

Quick question regarding the definitions of "brandishing" . For instance, when I make nightly deposits at the bank, I don;'t have my holster on from working all day so what I do is usually hold my firearm down by my side in my hand...Done it with people driving right by,alot of times I am deposting well over 2 grand cash alone,so I don't feel comfortable doing it any other way.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
...when I make nightly deposits at the bank.I ... is usually hold my firearm down by my side in my hand...Done it with people driving right by,alot of times I am deposting well over 2 grand cash alone,so I don't feel comfortable doing it any other way.

I do hope that any safety is off and the hammer is cockedso thatyou're in single-action mode.

One can never be too ready.

Maybe have the spare mag already in your weak-side hand too...

:uhoh:

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Ghettokracker71 wrote:
...when I make nightly deposits at the bank.I ... is usually hold my firearm down by my side in my hand...Done it with people driving right by,alot of times I am deposting well over 2 grand cash alone,so I don't feel comfortable doing it any other way.

I do hope that any safety is off and the hammer is cockedso thatyou're in single-action mode.

One can never be too ready.

Maybe have the spare mag already in your weak-side hand too...

:uhoh:
Actually when I am at the atm, I usually continuously fire my gun into the ground while I withdraw, that way all I have to do is lift the gun...

Used to cost me 10 bucks to go to the ATM, now with the faster Chase ATM's it only costs me 5 bucks...

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

openryan wrote:
Actually when I am at the atm, I usually continuously fire my gun into the ground while I withdraw, that way all I have to do is lift the gun...

Used to cost me 10 bucks to go to the ATM, now with the faster Chase ATM's it only costs me 5 bucks...

You should start carrying a .22, then it'll only cost you 50 cents...

Ghettokracker71

imported post

My brother on his honey moon night rolled up to an ATM, my 6' 2" brother, with my 5' 11" heavily tattooed body builder SWAT LEO uncle,and 6' 1" mohawk wearing redhead irish guy,and another really skinny 6' 4" man in the car, two men ran up to them. My brother was in the passenger seat,uncle driving. One guy grabbed my brother by his neck,my brother managed to grab his arm away from his neck, meanwhile my uncle punched down the gas pedal of his nissan pathfinder. My brother dropped the mans arm as soon he realized the vehicle was in motion (maybe a couple of seconds.) Later that night they were facing assualt charges, the men that attempted to mug them, told the police officers that my brother/crew were tauning the men,and taunted them to come over,and proceeded to assault them.

The only reason they made it out of there without getting into a fight was the fact they were in a running car.

The only reason they got off the charges is that when the detective informed the would-be muggers that one of the men they were trying to press charges against, is a highly respected officer in the same county as the offense happened.

Yeah, god forbid I am a little leary about an overnight box in a skethy area of town,when this incident happened in a nice area of town. I might also add I have to leave my vehicle and walk accross a parking lot to make the deposit.

EDIT: I might add that I'm only 5' 10",so I'm alot smaller of a man. And I might also add I'm a handicapped 21 year old with 3 pins in his knee, 4 screws in his back,and a terminal illness that makes it easier for me to not only break bones, but swell to the point of being immobilized (formation of hematomas)

LEO 229

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
So, I know that if you're a landlord, you , generally, have keys to the property, but can't, except under a few special circumstances, enter the property uninvited by the tennant. But, if there's a legal eviction order in place, can you legally enter the property when the tennant is out and change the locks?
Correct.

LEO 229

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
Leo,

Quick question regarding the definitions of "brandishing" . For instance, when I make nightly deposits at the bank, I don;'t have my holster on from working all day so what I do is usually hold my firearm down by my side in my hand...Done it with people driving right by,alot of times I am deposting well over 2 grand cash alone,so I don't feel comfortable doing it any other way.

The act of holding or displaying the gun in a threatening manner could get you in trouble. But if your facing the wall completing your cash drop.. I think the LEO would understand.

LEO 229

imported post

Ghettokracker71 wrote:
My brother on his honey moon night rolled up to an ATM, my 6' 2" brother, with my 5' 11" heavily tattooed body builder SWAT LEO uncle,and 6' 1" mohawk wearing redhead irish guy,and another really skinny 6' 4" man in the car, two men ran up to them. My brother was in the passenger seat,uncle driving. One guy grabbed my brother by his neck,my brother managed to grab his arm away from his neck, meanwhile my uncle punched down the gas pedal of his nissan pathfinder. My brother dropped the mans arm as soon he realized the vehicle was in motion (maybe a couple of seconds.) Later that night they were facing assualt charges, the men that attempted to mug them, told the police officers that my brother/crew were tauning the men,and taunted them to come over,and proceeded to assault them.

The only reason they made it out of there without getting into a fight was the fact they were in a running car.

The only reason they got off the charges is that when the detective informed the would-be muggers that one of the men they were trying to press charges against, is a highly respected officer in the same county as the offense happened.

Yeah, god forbid I am a little leary about an overnight box in a skethy area of town,when this incident happened in a nice area of town. I might also add I have to leave my vehicle and walk accross a parking lot to make the deposit.

EDIT: I might add that I'm only 5' 10",so I'm alot smaller of a man. And I might also add I'm a handicapped 21 year old with 3 pins in his knee, 4 screws in his back,and a terminal illness that makes it easier for me to not only break bones, but swell to the point of being immobilized (formation of hematomas)

ATM machines are a dangerous place at night. Nice to have a gun available.

You just have to worry that the other guy will walk up with his gun at the ready.. you move and he shoots....