Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: This board is starting to waste my time

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    Just for the record -- I am 48 years old. I have met Tess at a show. And hang around here for advice. I work a full time job and have no where near the time to spend answering all the questions leo229 has answered. I am getting a little disappointed with the circus since the Manassas 7 event.

    Leo 229

    Leo 230

    Disrespect for Tess - Not one appology after her post.

    Stupid Sh*t being said and going on.

    What's next. The whole police department at city hall Monday night. Boy, I am starting to second guess that event.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    842

    Post imported post

    I wouldn't second guess that event because of the people who have been "replying" to the Tony's 7 thread.

    The majority of VCDL members are good, normal, law-abiding citizens, who are normally very professional. I don't think that by any means you can take some of the newcomers to OCDO as a representation of the members that are planning on being at the City Counsel meeting.

    And why would it bother you if the whole police department was there or not? If you let that thought intimidate you, then aren't you letting the MPD get away with the some of the exact actions that we are protesting? (That is the intimidation of law-abiding citizens.)

    I do think that some of the recent press releases that have mentioned OCDO in reference to the Tony's incident has brought some colorful characters to this forum . (Colorful to say the least!) :what:

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    TEX1N wrote:
    I wouldn't second guess that event because of the people who have been "replying" to the Tony's 7 thread.

    The majority of VCDL members are good, normal, law-abiding citizens, who are normally very professional. I don't think that by any means you can take some of the newcomers to OCDO as a representation of the members that are planning on being at the City Counsel meeting.

    And why would it bother you if the whole police department was there or not? If you let that thought intimidate you, then aren't you letting the MPD get away with the some of the exact actions that we are protesting? (That is the intimidation of law-abiding citizens.)

    I do think that some of the recent press releases that have mentioned OCDO in reference to the Tony's incident has brought some colorful characters to this forum . (Colorful to say the least!) :what:
    I am also a VCDL member and a member of the NRA. I'm not pointing and figures at the regulars around here. And look forward to meeting most of you. I will be there Monday with my wife.

    I would just like the real LEO to stand up. And I would like to meet him or her Monday night as well.

    I am all for having law enforcement advice here on the board. A Lawyer would be great as well.

    I just want the real LEO to stand up and for the circus to stop.

    LEO229 or LEO230 whoever is the real leois, please come Monday night and introduce yourself to the group.

    I frequent boards for advice. This board is the one and only board I post to regularly. I liked it the way it was before it became all colorful. At least I felt everyone was on the up and up. That is what I now question.

    DC



  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gloucester Point, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    899

    Post imported post

    DeadCenter wrote
    Disrespect for Tess - Not one appology after her post.
    ?????????????????????????


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    bayboy42 wrote:
    DeadCenter wrote
    Disrespect for Tess - Not one appology after her post.
    ?????????????????????????



    From Tess:

    "Some of you know I'm the mother of a retarded man. He doesn't KNOW better than to call an emergency number. He can't understand danger.

    This caller did not fit into that mold. You insult my son by calling the caller a "retard".


    From me:

    This is what I meant by disrespect.

    DC

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burke, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    212

    Post imported post

    If this board is wasting your time then dont bother to post or visit this forum.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Gloucester Point, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    899

    Post imported post

    ROger DC - thought I'd missed something. I think the poster followed up with an apology for their poor choice of words.

  8. #8
    Lone Star Veteran DrMark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,553

    Post imported post

    Good internet discussion forums grow, weak ones stagnate and fade away. This one is growing, in both membership and in posts. That growth has some downsides, but that's how it works.

    Add the Tony's incident into the mix, and things will be a little different around here, at least for a little while.







  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    I guess I am guilty of that, so Ioffermy deepest apologies for not thinking before letting my fingers hit the keys.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    SIGarmed229 wrote:
    If this board is wasting your time then dont bother to post or visit this forum.
    Nice -

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    DeadCenter wrote:
    I liked it the way it was before it became all colorful. At least I felt everyone was on the up and up. That is what I now question.

    DC

    I agree with that to some degree. I figure once the Manassas thing plays out things will settle down around here a bit.

    I also am leary about who some of the unknown new guys are, but that goes with any message board on the internet: you never know who's really on the other side of that keyboard. So you just got to be careful not to get too cozy.

  12. #12
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    SIGArmed, You have been a welcomed addition to this forum but a post like that is exactly what DC is talking about. This forum does NOT(or did not) operate like that. Sure, if some troll signs up just to say this place sucks is a different matter. A member that has been here for a little bit and is discouraged by the current upheaval, this is not an acceptable response....

    The culture of this board is much different then any other gun forum or most forums in general. It is drama free through self moderation. No speculation, conjecture, half truth's, or "my cousin's freind said", allowed to be posted as fact. Pound for pound the most gun law knowledgable members in the www. Very minimum amount of BS goes on around here.

    The large and immediate influx of new people have thrown this board into a bit of a tailspin. I would ask new members to maybe look around a bit and get a feel for the culture here before going around half cocked.




    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    145

    Post imported post

    VAopencarry wrote:
    The large and immediate influx of new people have thrown this board into a bit of a tailspin. I would ask new members to maybe look around a bit and get a feel for the culture here before going around half cocked.
    True, alot of new people have joined but seeing as we are a bit new, don't take things so to heart. Everyone is so quick to start arguements or drama in these forums. SigForum.com is the perfect example of that. People there don't hesitate to start an arguement. At least here we can actually ask questions or state our opinions without someone biting our heads off.

    Not all of us are "half cocked". Mostly just tired of people complaining or whining instead of just making a point. I'm sure many would agree, no one likes a whiner. If you don't like what someone says just ignore them instead of starting a childish and pointless arguement.

    I mean don't get me wrong, there are ALOT of great people here. Me and my husband (SIGarmed) met some at the last Dulles show. I do agree that it seems after the Manassas incident that its become a "circus" of sorts. People are blowing it WAY up. Not all cops are fully educated and can be dicks at times. They are just doing what they feel or thought was right. Don't hold such a grudge.

    Sorry for the rambling. I'm sure I jumped around alot and probably didnt make much sense but all in all I agree with DC that it's a bit of a "circus"

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    842

    Post imported post

    VAopencarry wrote:
    SIGArmed, You have been a welcomed addition to this forum but a post like that is exactly what DC is talking about. This forum does NOT(or did not) operate like that. Sure, if some troll signs up just to say this place sucks is a different matter. A member that has been here for a little bit and is discouraged by the current upheaval, this is not an acceptable response....
    +1

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    48

    Post imported post

    I am a new member here, and I am truly grateful for the objective advice people are willing to give here. Sure, some people try to start some crap, but just ignore them like you would anyone else in life that does that and go about your way. I would hate to see this place go downhill now that I have found it. My computer just died, and my girlfriend can never get on hers because I am always lurking around on this forum using her computer. Also...you dont always have to learn from those who are more educated than you...ignorance can teach you more sometimes, so dont let every irritating comment get to you and enjoy what you can learn from them in between learning from the ones that actually have substance to them. Also, I don't think I have, but if I have ever said anything on here that offended someone or seemed immature I apologize. Please feel free to call me out on it so I can carry on what you guys feel like is slipping away from the way the forum used to be. I am also all for extending my knowledge and maturity about firearms though I think my dad instilled more than most throught my lifetime. I don't even feel safe when someone passes a gun pointed in my direction to me at a gunshow when they have no clips and the plastic ties running through them to ensure it will not fire. I also refuse to take anyone shooting for their first time if they are not ready to learn more from me than "aim and shoot" or listen to me when I tell them they are doing something that is unsafe. I know this is just the beginning so like I said...keep educating me! I appreciate it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •